XLVIII

We head over to dinner and just when I stepped into the dinning room, I saw guests. Guests of hell. "Your majesty king Oliver, Queen Elizabeth" the archbishop spoke, bowing slightly to us. "And what brings you here?" Oliver asks moving towards him and his people. "We shall discuss this on dinner" I say loud and clear for everyone to follow. We all sit down and the archbishop starts to speak, "your majesty, the soldiers of Peoria have taken 7 of soldiers prisoners. One of them is lord Alfred.".

I look at a silent Oliver who stops cutting his food. "And what do they want in return?" He asked. The archbishop sighs as he looks back at his men, "You, my liege". I drop my cutleries in disbelief, "never" I speak looking harshly towards all of them. "Elizabeth" Oliver says sternly, a tone full of mixed emotions. "No! I will not accept such a negotiation." I reply back at him. "Forgive me archbishop, you can send a messenger to find another solution or we could wait and find a way to get them out" I speak clearly.

I see as the Archbishop looks at Oliver. "As Queen, my words shouldn't be approved by a man" I lay my last card before excusing myself off the table. "I'll think of something and I shall get back to you" Oliver's words fade out as I walk past these hallways, to the outside vulnerable world. I dash through the wind, racing it's only invisible existence. I ran to Matilda as I take her out, take her and myself far away from everything.

———————

"You should know that's my horse you stole" I heard his voice in between the beautiful chaos nature caused. I sat down with the lamp I took, wondering if Oliver was to betray me and leave me here alone, wondering all the outcomes to this misery. I feel the cold leaving my body as he sits down next to me. I gulp awaiting any fights coming, but he managed to stay silent, to give me time, to understand me. "I'm sorry" I shakily breath out. "I didn't know control at that moment. Forgive me" I whisper as my breath hitches.

"You should not know of control at all. You're the queen, you are control itself" Oliver says. I turn my head over at him. "And for what is this all for?" I question. He looks at me and back at the shining lamp, "war". "You can't think of it. You can't think of leaving me and your people" I shake my head in denial still. "Elizabeth. I am to think of it. My people are out there, being slaughtered to death, because of a choice I made." He speaks sternly, taking a glance at me and continuing, " I know you out of all will understand. You out of all made me feel guilt, and I feel guilty for the deaths of every son, every brother, every lover."

I look up to stop my own tears from corrupting. "But-" I try to speak before he cuts me off, "Elizabeth, you don't have to hide your guilt. I know you're paining too and I know you never wanted this and I know.... I know for sure you will do anything to end it". I stay quite, giving off the red light to my self and yet my tears went by like it was bright green. "But not to sacrifice you-" my voice breaks as I cry silently. Oliver moves to pull me into his embrace, "it's alright my love.... Everything will be fine, I promise" he whisper gently, kissing my head as I sob quietly in his heavy chest.

————————————

The seconds have passed by as I live every moment with Oliver. I'm scared of the unexpected and I'm to be prepared for it, but when pain takes control it seems like making decisions are to be invisible to the naked eye. I lay my heavy soul under these silky sheets where love have been made two months ago. I rub my hands over my stomach slowly, feeling the beautiful human sleeping within me. Wondering how can a miracle of such greatness exists. I forgot about the world as I think of the name I shall decide.

"Lost much in your own thoughts" the husky voice of Oliver lingers in my sensitive ear as he slides in under the blanket after closing the lights that hangs upon us, leaving the only source of light coming from my side table. I chuckle lightly turning to look at him as my hands continue to go in small circles, "if it were to be a girl Oliver, what would you want to name her?". "And how are you sure it would be a girl?" He speaks so warmly and slowly, sending shivers down my spine.

"Well if it was to be a boy, I would name him Elliot, without your acceptance" I foolishly raise my eyebrows at him and he just chuckles lightly. "Well at least I like it" he says rubbing his palms over my stomach. "Stay.." I whisper, praying to the all mighty for a one more chance of hope. For a one more chance of peace.

"I'm here."

These were the only words that managed to slid out of his lips after a quite silence. I didn't say much, didn't open my doors, knowing he would do his best even if it meant letting go. "Come on Elizabeth, let's go to sleep" Oliver breathes out as he leans over to switch my only light, my only source to view the world within the war. I face him laying down, seeing him as he dozed off completely, and as if nothing were to be held responsible for, and as if he simply let it all out.

I try to sleep well but my heavy heart manages to run me miles in my head. The decision hasn't been made yet, nothing is being done yet, and that's the most terrifying part of it all.

That nothing is ever been done,

And so many are to be gone..