XXXVII

3 months had already passed, but it wasn't like the waves of ocean that came back, it was more like how when a human leaves forever.

Oliver and I were getting along at times and we had our fights. Edward is still here for me despite the fact I know he's broken, and what hurts me the most is that I'm incapable of fixing his heart. My mother visits more often and my once little brother, is now considered the man of the house. I would hear their stories every now and then and I would smile oh so happily, knowing how proud my father would be of us all.

Knowing how a dead soul is still around.

At the mean time Oliver was at the woods, I was writing down some poems. I always found it relaxing and relieving pulling out a dry pen and making it cry out its ink on the lonely papers, creating the awaited beautifully designed creatures we call letters. Simply the logic behind reading is that words are read but feelings are felt and so as you combine those lonely pairs, a poetry is written in feels no other man can deny.

"What are you writing down?" I look up to the sweet cherry like voice and i see Edward walking towards me, a smile plastered on that mask he puts on for me. I shake my head slightly and close the book I was writing on, "nothing really, just updating my book about my life" I say softly, getting up to him. "And may I ask, what brings a gentleman to me?" I ask patting his shoulders. He chuckles, "this gentleman missed his crazy friend".

I laughed as he moves to sit on the bed sighing, "the route till here is one hella of a route". "Isn't it?" I chuckle sitting next to him. "I swear to god it's like I've been going on a constant marathon just to reach your room". "How come? Your house is as big as ours" I frown to him, confused on why he gets tired here and not there. "Uh your majesty, we have our secret short routes to our rooms" he says looking at me, smirking slightly. I smile happily feeling the tension leaving the room hopeless, unable to ruin the friendship we have.

"So where is Oliver?" Edward asks tilting his head slightly back. "He's probably taking Matilda for a ride. the daily" I smile cheekily to a happy Edward. "Let's take a walk, shall we?" I suggest, getting up. "Whatever pleases our coming beauty" he chuckles pinching my stomach a bit.

I hold my knitted scarf closer to me as I cross my hands near my chest. "Come on. Tell me? I know that look" Edwards raises his eyebrows as I feel defeated. "I'll be honest Edward. At times I ask myself. Why have I accepted this marriage from the first place?" I sigh allowing every word to slide as my foot took the steps I hesitate to intake, I felt the air flow in me as though the breeze of this toxic weather is something I suddenly depend on for a living.

"Do you regret it?.." Edward says with his low, warm, serious voice. I look up at him and back at the beautiful scenery painted in front of my eyes, "no. No I don't, but I wonder what would my life have been if this all hasn't happened?".

"Elizabeth" the deep tingling voice calls from behind and I turn swiftly, unconsciously to him, to Oliver. "Oliver.." I look up and suddenly the painted scenery around me, wrapped it self on him. He gets off Matilda and the guard takes her away as Oliver takes mild steps towards us. Edward and Oliver hug and I can't help but stare at him. Face like the moon, pale and somehow wavering. I could get the bits of his features, but none of it stuck in my mind beyond an impression of astonishing beauty. His hair, his hair wafted around his sharp features like a black storm, its tendrils curling and moving of their own orders. His cloak shifted as if in an unfelt wind came around to check on him. The madness still skulked in this beauty, but it was a quieter madness than it ever been.

He was finally calm.

He stood in front of me and I move along to every slight movement he makes. He places his right palm on my cheeks and I could feel the war inside of him, the war of coldness against warmth. "Hello darling.." he whispers huskily and I chuckle ardently to him, and only him. "Hello honey.." I smile softly. "Come on you lovebirds, get a room" Edward laughs as he pats us both and leaves off to his mothers call. We watch him as he leaves. As I get hypnotized by everything around me, Oliver speaks, "let's go in. I got you something". I look up sideways to him and then after I admire and fall for him even more, he looks down and a smile uncontrollably comes to his face.

"And what could that be your majesty?" I grin leaning towards him. "You have always been curios, haven't you?" He raises his eyebrows. I stand straight and shrug, "it runs in the family!". I hear his husky warm laugh in such a long time, and whenever he does, sound doesn't fail to make me listen to it only and I've never been more blessed. "Come on" he says pulling me in, back to our room.

We enter and he closes the door behind us. I look back up at him and raise my eyebrows. "You dirty minded" he smirks. I giggle and he moves towards me, laying his hands on my eyes, blocking the view I never get bored from. "Oliver!" I warn and I could feel him smile as he moves us around the room. I feel his warm hands slide off and my eyes slowly open, fearing with ever thought running in my garden mind.

And there I see it beyond my reach, a landscape glowed orange under the burning sky. It was a series of a beautiful maze of green and a lake lays beyond that beauty. Each was fathoms deep and icy, makes you wonder what lays beneath. Shifts those hypnotized eyes up and you will see hilly crowns, aligned so perfectly. The landscape was every vivid color, every one of them as fresh as a new painting straight from Italy. The trees were deep within the fairy lights and the flowers placed around me rooted in the jubilant way that only the most divine of blooms can.

And I manage to get lost into it, as I suddenly feel a cold metal wrap itself around my neck. I look down at it, feeling Oliver's hands securing it and the first thing I thought of when I saw it was,

Gwendolyn....

It was hers before I.