LIX

"Ahh! You've got a lot energy in you this morning Lucas!" I exclaim getting a hold of his silky hands. Today was Lucas's birthday, he became 6 years old. "It's the 10th of March!! I'm officially a man!" He yelped happily letting go of my grip as he swirled around me. "you know what does that mean Elizabeth?" He suddenly said as he stood in his tracks. I chuckle lightly as I look at him and say, "may the gentleman enlighten me?". I see him grin widely as he both set foot inside the stable.

"It means my sister, that when mother and I head back home, I'll be able to help in the work. I can go and work to get some wages for her." He spoke walking towards Matilda. I stop in my tracks facing him and I couldn't help but smile lightly at his words. Despite the fact Lucas was young, free spirited and sensitive towards his family, he manages to differentiate his reality from his offerings. I nod gently to his words as he stand on a wooden box to comb Matildas hair.

"It means I'll be able to fulfill fathers wish" he completes staring at me.

Edward's pov:

"Yeah, I'll head over to them now. I'll inform her" I said to Mrs. Conner as she nods lovingly as her and I both stand up from these chair's thick velvet cushion. I smile to her and as I was about to head out she grabbed my hands and turned me around. "I never really thanked you Edward..." she trails off, her grip letting go of my clothes, "for being there for Elizabeth, despite the pain it caused". I knew what she spoke about, what she meant deep down so I held her palms in mine, "The power of love lavishes responsibilities, but no rights of whom deserve the giving."

I leave after I paint a smile of her face and I head towards the stable, a place that reminded me of our first touch, a place so pretty, so memorable, remained pale to the sight I faced. I stand in my tracks the moment my eyes laid on her figure. Her beauty was immaculate. She was painted in the most dazzling colors. Her smile waiting to fill these empty canvases, leaving a mark behind.

My eyes drown into her Petite figure as my legs continue to walk towards the place my heart dropped for her. The place my soul would've remained if I were the one who passed away.

"Edward.." her considerate whisper was overcome by Lucas's burst of happiness. "I'm finally six years old!!" He exclaimed running into my arms. I threw him in the air and held him back down. "Can a 6 years old still enjoy that?" Elizabeth says, eyebrows lifted up as she giggles. "Oh yeah right..!" Lucas states getting embarrassed, "enough of that now", Lucas fake coughs as he goes back to comb Matilda's hair and both Elizabeth and I chuckle silently.

I see as she walks towards me. She leans in and fixes my tie, "what brings you here?" She says, eyes shining like fragile diamonds. She takes a look at Lucas who was too busy occupied with his "men" responsibilities and she looks back at me, "I thought you were supposed to be preparing the room for his birthday?" She quietly whispered. I smirk as I grab her hands away from my tie, "is that an indirect threat?".

"It will be, if nothing was prepared!" She quietly yelled. I act shocked at her response and she just chuckles rolling her eyes. "It's your mother. She wanted you to add your own touch of memory to it" I state caressing her cheek with my thumb slowly. She slowly nods and turns around to face Lucas, "I'll head over inside! If you need anything Edward will be here."

She fades away from my grip as we both see her leave inside. I knew what was running in Lucas's mine, after all even a gentleman wants his fun. We both gave each other a cheeky look before I sprint towards the entrance of the stable. Lucas was prepared, he didn't miss his own chance and he ran towards me with all what he got. My hands collided with his weight as I carry him and turn around several times. Our laughs were loud and clear, afraid of being caught, Lucas tried to shh me.

I look down at him who fits perfectly between my arm and hip. "Our little secret?" He cutely questioned. I grin widely at the similarities him and his sister had in common and I tighten my grip on his stomach before putting him down. "Always" I whisper.

Elizabeth's pov:

"Over here love!" Caroline called me over when she saw me looking around for mother. I move near them and I see mother and Caroline giggling. "May I join in your secret little happiness?" I ask standing by them. "Oh my darling" Princess Caroline rubs her palms over my head and I can't help but smile brightly like a little puppy being petted. "See! A queen or not, she's still Elizabeth" my mother laughed pointing at me. When I just realized they had a little bet, it was too late and they both were laughing loudly.

"Oh! You've got the best of me now. You both just wait" I state raising my eyebrows. "Do that after you add your special touch to all this" mother says moving further away towards the table full of gifts. I nod slowly as I speak, "I'll be in here in a minute". I swiftly move my legs under my dress and I head over to my father's packed belongings. I put out the rusted wooden box and I grab the one thing my father gave me as a child. A compass. I sat there holding this little piece of junk, in my tiny hands and the memories of him came crashing down my mind.

12 years before,

"A compass dad?~ I wanted a dress" I pouted cutely to father as a method of sympathy. "But this gift is better darling!" He spoke kneeling down to me near the fire side. I look up to him, my lashes fluttering in confusion, "and why is that?...". He grinned widely and laid down next to me, his elbow keeping his angled position. "That's because love, do you see this?" He points to the pointer in the compass and I nod gently. "This pointer will represent me, and I'll always point you to the right direction. My love will always do" he explained looking at me. I smile brightly from ear to ear and I jump to hug him. "That's the best gift ever! Thank you dad" I squealed in pure happiness.

"Happiest 6th my child" he patted my small head.