XXVII

Edward's pov

If kindness and love could be bottled, there would be oceans filled with her unlimited love for Oliver. It's always been him before her. Never have she, this poor soul thought of herself before anyone, just as if she's the predator that feeds from others happiness. And that what made me burst, that is the main reason why I'm running inside the castle looking for my prey, fist heated with hatred and pain, ready to paint its picture of misery. Ready to kill.

There I see the flesh I'm starving to see bleed. There I see Oliver, turning around to face me, face cold as ice, heart as strong as a brick. "You bastard!!" I say before I pace to him, fits fueling to their limits. I punch him as he falls down from the sudden contact. I grab him by his collar and I speak through gritted teeth "how dare you? How dare you treat her like this?" And I punch him, unable to stop myself. I pull him up by his hair, as I stare at eyes of the bloody canvas I just created, and that rose my rage up even more.

I painted it with details, I made sure it would last there for a while. I grabbed him for the last time and I whispered in his ears, "I've stood by when you took away my first love, Gwendolyn. But now you can't stand a chance against me. When I, Edward Lewis, take thee Elizabeth away from you" I spit at him before I leave, taking Elizabeth with me home.

Elizabeth's pov

I wake up, as my body continues to drown into those silky sheets. Fragile as a flower could get, I lay down for a while, eyes closed, inhaling the scent of warm fresh flowers around me. "Oh if this is heaven, please take my loved ones there...please take me" I whisper inaudibly. "I would never miss the chance, princess" the dearie voice replied. And I realized that second if voices could be covered with honey and gold, this is what it will sound like.

I sit up slowly, shifting the weight that once built its shelter on my legs, to wearing the slippers placed near the bed. I turn my face slightly to meet the charming face of Edward. I smile. I can't help but smile slightly. He walks towards me, fixing his suit tie, as he asks "have you slept well, Elizabeth?". I nod in return as I stand up to walk towards him. I hold his tie as he lets go of it, looking down at me as I gently speak "and have I slept alone, Edward?"

He chuckled at my sudden question and he immediately replied with a cocky tone, "seems like our princess drifted deep down those silky sheets while dreaming". I look up at him, blushing, tightening his tie up. "It's not like that! It's just-" I look up at those eyes and I see the whole galaxy, as pure as it ever get, as peaceful as I dream it to be, as if I'm supposed to be there. "..forget it" I chuckled before leaving him to dress up in this bathroom in this ginormous room.

Walking out of the restroom, I catch the happy soul of a poor girl. I go back and I peer into that soul. I grin softly, happy after a long time. I stare deeply into my reflection and I can't help but recall everything I've went through. The things I had to bare, the things I once loved are now the poison to my heart. I stand there, smile fading slowly as the brain that controls me recall yesterday's events. Yesterday's pain.

I feel as someone's hand rub gently on my delicate weak shoulders. That's when I came back to reality. I turn around to face Edward as he tries to smile to my broken self. "You don't have to go through it alone.." he whispers, thumb still caressing my shoulders. I stare into him, knowing he means every single word, knowing I've always trusted him.

He shifts his hands and places them on my cold cheeks, "you don't have to suffer anymore." He says. He leans in to kiss me and I don't rebuff, for I've felt the feeling of ignorance from the one you love. I close my eyes as I melt into his paradise, into the place he's been longing to have me in. Into the place I wish I'll be in forever. Into the place I could make my home.

I pull him closer, closer to my heart, closer to my soul. I wanted to stay in those arms, in Edward's arms. I wanted that love, the love I would sacrifice myself for, the love I never had. He pulls my waist closer to him, gently, treating me like an expensive peace of diamond and I can't deny him, no I won't deny him. I'm not paining. And when we pulled away, the look in his eyes, spoke. They sang a sweet melody and if I were to choose, I would have stayed forever to listen.

But I couldn't choose.

Because that's when the door slammed open. The figure of two people standing in a distance. The figure of a maid, and the figure of the devil. The thunder ran away when he arrived, silence flew away to safety, and my heart raced to stay alive. All of that when Oliver made his arrival, all of that when pain came along.

"Son of a bi-" Oliver swore as he came pacing to punch Edward. I couldn't stand by this time, I won't let this happen every time I'm happy. I can't let the devil win. I push Edward away as I feel the contact of Oliver's punch on my once warm cheeks. I fall down, unable to see clearly, unable to protect my loved one. "Elizabeth!!" I heard the faded yell of someone. the last picture I saw was Edward running towards me and Oliver standing in his spot, shocked, confused, in need to be protected from the greater devil.