Ch.1 Borders

-Your pov

"Oh my god Y/N you crack me up." My friend said as she laughed with the others. I wished that I could laugh with them or at least smile. I'm surprised that I even managed to make and keep three friends. I was once sure that I would be alone at school because of my condition. Well, more like curse. It has been a part of my life ever since I got hit in the head by a speeding baseball when I was five. I can't express my emotions in my voice, breathing, pulse, and face. My face is always blank and unable to smile, cry, furrow or anything in between. My voice can't laugh, cry, yell, or show any emotions in my tone. My breath and pulse are always at a steady, calm pace. Everyone in the school makes fun of me for it.

But school doesn't matter right now because it's summer. Sophomore year is finally over and the freedom from classes can begin. My friends and I always celebrate the first Monday of summer vacation with a bonfire in the forest at night. S'mores, music, dancing, burning homework, gossip. It's the same stuff every year but I wouldn't have it any other way. It was 12:00 and we were starting to finish up our celebration.

"It's true though. Jane really had it coming. The look on her face was priceless." My friend Alice said once she managed to stop laughing.

"She's been cheating all year and in the teacher's classroom. The fact that Mr. Nelson was hovering over her shoulder made it even better." Alice finished. They continued to laugh and I laughed in my head. I noticed that Kadie was suddenly nervous.

"Kadie, are you ok." I said. She knew I was concerned even though my tone didn't sound like it.

"There's someone watching us. By the dead tree." She whispered with a shaky voice. It was weird because the four of us were the only people that would be out here in the middle of the night. We all turned and looked at the figure. It looked like a man, but it was unnaturally tall and lanky. What got us the most was that it had no face. My friends were beyond nervous.

"I think we should go. Let's put this fire out and-" Before Beth could finish, we all started hearing a loud ringing in our ears making all of us cover them. My friends were screaming in pain. I didn't know what to do. I looked and saw the figure getting closer and revealing long tentacles. It stabbed Alice in the head before grabbing Kadie.

"Beth! Y/N run!" Kadie shouted before the figure ripped her in half making Beth scream. I quickly grabbed her we ran back towards the city.

"What the hell is that thing!?" Beth yelled. I stayed quiet and tried to focus on where the two of us were going. We forgot our flashlights back at the bonfire making our vision minimal. I felt Beth's hand suddenly slip out of mine and I looked to see the figure tearing her apart in front of me. I grabbed a rock and hit the "man" with it to try and stop him from torturing Beth. It didn't help the situation. In fact, it only got worse. He let go of my friend's corpse and wrapped one of its tentacles around my leg. It threw me against a tree and watched me fall amongst the rocks. I tried to yell in pain hoping that maybe someone would hear me and help, but nothing came out. The figure reached out for my neck, but I bit its hand. I got up and ran while I had the chance. Every move I made hurt like hell, but I didn't stop. Not until I reached the city borders and fell onto the pavement. I looked to see the figure gone. Several people came from the sidewalks and started drowning my ears in questions while calling for help. It then hit me that my only friends are gone. I was the only one that made it out alive. It was too much. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"It's going to be ok miss. Just lay still. Help is on the way." A woman said as she gently held my hand. The people then started talking about my severe injuries and how lucky I was to be alive. It felt more like unlucky. I almost wished that I died with my friends in those woods. I didn't want to be alone. The sirens from ambulance sounded in the distance and I felt three tears fall from my face. One for Kadie. One for Beth. And one for Alice.