Ch.14 Going Back

-Your pov

The smile on my face wasn't going anywhere. Tristen and Madelyn gladly accepted me as their sister. I had a family again. I had friends. It felt like noting could put me down. Not even Slenderman. I reached the tree and was about to climb it when I heard strange breathing. I looked to see its eyes reflecting off what little light there was. It was the Rake. He was acting strange. I hid behind the tree and continued to watch him. He continued walking unaware of me following him. I was confused about where he was going. Jack said that Rake never goes near the city. Right now, he's at the boundary. That part didn't worry me. What worried me was that he was approaching my house. I followed him making sure that I don't get too close. He stopped and I hid behind a tree in the neighbor's backyard. I was confused what he was doing around my house. More specifically, by Madalyn and Tristen's window. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my shoulder and turn me around to face them. I was about to scream as they did so, but they covered my mouth and held me against the tree.

"Y/N, i-it's me." The voice said. I realized that it was Toby. I knew that he was out here for a reason. He knew.

"Toby. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snuck out. I saw the Rake. He was acting weird and I decided to follow him. He's-" I whispered before he cut me off.

"Y/N, li-listen t-to me. Slenderman knows th-that y-you snuck out. He is gi-giving you only one chance. You need to co-me back with me. If we don't get back in t-two hours, he'll kill you." He whispered before grabbing my wrist. I looked back to see the Rake looking into my siblings' room.

"Toby-" I whispered before Toby interrupted.

"Y/N, w-we need to go. I don't wa-nt him t-to kill you. I'll carry you o-over my shoulder i-if that's what it t-takes to get to back there in time." Toby said before he started "dragging" me behind him. I leaned back slightly to try and get him to stop.

"Toby." I said as we approached the border of the city.

"W-we need to g-get back be-fore it's too late." Toby said as he continued pulling me towards the forest. I couldn't stop looking at the Rake pacing back and forth around Tristan and Madalyn's room.

"He- he's trying to find a way in. He's going to kill them." I said as I continued to resist. Toby didn't stop. I tried to get out of his grip, but he's stronger and taller than me.

"Toby please. He's going to kill them." I begged as I felt tears fall.

"K-killing is what we do Y/N." He hissed as he looked back at me. He paused for a moment before he continued to drag me towards the forest. I tried over and over to stop but it was no use. I could feel a knot in my throat and hear my breath shaking.

"Would you walk away if it was your sibling in that room?" I asked. I was on the edge of crying and Toby knew it. He stopped and I felt his grip loosen as he thought about my words. I looked back and saw the Rake opening the window. It was now or never. I slipped my hand out of his grip and started running with all I had. I could hear Toby calling me and telling me to wait. I knew that if I wait for him then I'll be too late.

-Third person pov

"Do you hear that?" Madalyn asked her brother. Tristen nodded his head.

"Y/N? Is that you?" Tristen asked. The twins were scared. Their big sister never comes over late at night. They could hear rough breathing. The first thought in their mind was that it was a monster under their beds.

"We need to go to mom and dad's room." Tristen said. Madelyn nodded her head and grabbed his hand. They started to walk towards the door but then the monster jumped down from the dresser to keep them from leaving. The twins screamed as the monster closed the door and locked it. It charged towards them and attempted to cut one of them with its claws. It missed and cut the bed frame. The monster turned around and stood between the twins and the window. It walked towards them like a predator. They were crying as the monster raised an arm to finish them. Suddenly something hit the monster in the back of the head. The twins recognized the figure behind the monster.