Ch.12 Confession

Toby pov-

Y/n seems to be on the edge of insanity. She struggles to fall asleep. She rarely eats. When she is in her room, she constantly sits in a corner with her arms wrapped around her legs rocking back and forth looking into oblivion even when she loses her emotions.  I've been wanting to ask her about it for days. Everyone has. We are beyond worried about her. While Slenderman was in his office, we all gathered around in the living room to try and figure out what her problem was and how to solve it. It was awkwardly quiet for a bit.

"    Well?      what do we do?" Ben asked. Jack took a bite of a kidney while looking up the steps.

"She doesn't even want to go outside. I know Autumn is getting cooler, but that never stopped her." He said before taking another bite.

"Forget that part. What bothers me is the fact that she hardly sleeps. She doesn't even eat. It's been three weeks and she hasn't touched any food we bring her." Masky added before Jeff spoke up.

"I'm confused though. She doesn't eat or sleep, but she doesn't look ill or thin." He said. Jeff did have a point, she would be approaching death, yet she appears perfectly healthy for the most part.

"So-something is wrong t-th-though. It's n-not like her t-to be rocking back and f-forth in a corn-ner like that." I stated before the others hummed in agreement. Hoodie was quiet and staring at y/n's door. His face is always covered, but I could feel sadness radiating off of him.

"          D-do you guys thinks it's because of us?          Are we driving her to the edge of insanity?     Is she             mad at us?     Hates us?" He asked. He sounded like he was on the edge of crying. My sight grew blurry from the tears forming on my eyes simply thinking about his words. What if she really does hate us?

"We all know for a fact that she hates Slenderman. He treats her like shit. It pisses me off seeing how he acts towards her. Maybe him being an asshole to her is what's dragging her to the brink of insanity.  Maybe she is mad at us for not doing anything about it." Jeff said quietly. It almost seems like she is turning into one of us. It seems like everyone else feels the same way.

"If she is turning into one of us, we need to stop it. I'm glad she is getting her emotions back, but I don't want y/n to be like us.    Maybe the best thing is to get her out of here. Away from Slenderman." Jack said before Ben spoke up.

"I don't think we have any other choice." He added before looking at me.

"Toby, you've tried to make her comfortable here. You've talked to Slenderman over and over. You might as well admit why you try so hard." He said making me freeze up. I never let the thoughts enter my mind until now.

"The problem is, I don't know if she feels the same way. I want to know, but at the same time I don't. What if she hates me? I don't know how well I would handle her rejecting me." I stated as I imagined her furry towards me. I could see how frantic my tics grew in anger. I could almost feel her blood on my body as my axe cuts into her.
"Toby, you don't know until you ask. I honestly doubt that you would willingly hurt her." Jack said as he pulled out another kidney from his pocket.
"Either way, you need to talk to her. Right now. If you like her then you would go up those steps and talk to her. Make sure that she is ok." Jeff said before Slenderman came out of his office with a handful of notes. He walked past us and stepped outside to place them throughout the forest. I took a deep breath and started making my way up the steps. I wished myself luck and opened her door to find her in the corner as usual. She looked at me with her e/c eyes.

-Your pov

" Y-y/n?" Toby said quietly. I could see tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He walked up to me and sat down.

"I'm wo-worried about you. W-we all are. P-pl-please tell me w-what's wrong." He said before grabbing my hand. I wasn't sure if I could get myself to explain my abnormal behavior, but it seemed like I don't have much of a choice. The longer I hide it, the more worried Toby and the others get.

"Promise me that this will stay between us." I whispered afraid that Slenderman was in the mansion. Toby nodded his head before I took a deep breath. No going back now.

"I want to tell Tristen and Madalyn that I'm their sister. I'm scared that they will either not believe me, or they will hate me. I don't know what to do." I said as tears started stinging my eyes. Toby was quiet with a confused look on his face.

"Y-you only saw them wh-when w-we were at the park s-several weeks ago." He said as he wiped his tears away. Something was bothering him. Something besides my strange behavior.

"I have been seeing them every week. I snuck out through the window every time." I explained. The look on his face said it all.

"Y/n, y-you aren't allowed t-to go to the city. You c-can't be outside o-on your own. If Slenderman f-f-finds out, he'll kill you. I don't want him to." He said as he grabbed my shoulders. I knew that he didn't want to lose me, but I didn't know why.

"Toby, you convinced Slenderman to let me go outside. You protect me when I'm in danger. You do so much for me. Why?" I asked. Toby removed his hands from my shoulders and grew nervous.

"Y/-n, we are y-your f-friends. We c-care ab-about you. I j-just feel stronger em-motions towards you." He said before taking a deep breath preparing himself for what he was going to say.

"I like y-you y/n." He said. I was speechless. No one has ever liked me before.

"I-I've been s-stressed lately be-because I don't kn-know how you feel about me. I-I wanted t-to te-tell you this f-for a while now, b-but I w-was scared o-of how you w-would react. I need t-to know y-y/n. Do you view me a-as a f-friend? D-do you h-hate me? Are y-you sc-scared of me? P-please t-t-tell me." He finished as tears started falling down his face. I tried to speak, but my voice was gone. My mind was confused, yet happy. I tried harder to say something, but failed. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him tightly

" I don't hate you Toby.     I'm not afraid of you. I'm not mad at you.     I just         just." I said before my voice faded and I let go. His eyes were overflowing in tears. I wiped the tears and looked into his eyes. I could feel something change in me as my face grew closer to his. Before I could put together what was going on, my lips met his. My first kiss with him. It was short, but also sweet. He looked into my eyes before holding me close. I could feel everything that was holding me down disappear.    I felt free.