Ch.6 Secrets from the Shadows

-Your pov

Dark and blurry. That was everything in front of me when I started to wake up. All I could hear was ringing and muffled noises. For a moment, I forgot what happened. Until I heard voices. My vision was clearing. I was on the ground looking up at the night canopy of the woods. But the ground was moving below me. I noticed that my hands were bound. One of the boys was dragging me by my ankles behind him through the forest floor with the other three by his side laughing at something one said. "Link" had my bag. I couldn't figure out if he packed my stuff or if he was robbing the house. I knew for sure that I need to get away from them. I tried to kick my legs out of the boy's grip. The only thing I accomplished was the four of them stopping. The boy dragging me twitched slightly as he looked back at me.

"Ah! She's awake! We were just talking about you. Put up a pretty good fight for a small girl." The Link character said when he met my open eyes. The other two looked back at my face.

"Wish you were out longer. We still have a couple miles left to go." The boy in the mask said before looking straight ahead. They started walking again.

"Thank god you're not heavy." The hooded one stated before humorously patting my foot. I tried to get hold of a nearby branch so that I could get out of the other boy's grip but the stick I grabbed broke off from the tree. I sighed and decided not to waste it. So I threw it at the hooded boy hitting the back of his head.

"I'm the smallest in my grade what'd you expect." I replied blankly as he rubbed the back of his head from the pain. The others laughed a little at my reply but it didn't help or worsen my chances of escaping.

"Seriously though, we could say that she is good entertainment." The boy in the hood said. His words made my mind freeze in overwhelming panic as I did another attempt to get free. The boy dragging me shook his head.

"She's n-not his type. And he's de-definitely n-not hers." He said. His response helped settle my thoughts for a moment.

"How the hell are you going to convince Slenderman to let her stay then? He wants her dead with her friends." The masked boy said. That's the bastard's name. Slenderman. The thing that killed my friends and tried to kill me. The last place I would want to be is near that "Slenderman".

"Fuck this." I mumbled under my breath as I freed my wrists before I managed to get my ankles free and run.

-Toby pov

I turned around to see her running back towards the city.

"Shit." Hoodie said before all four of us ran after her. She was fast, but I could tell that she was having trouble navigating through the dark trees. She was bumping into a lot of them.

"I'm surprised that she hasn't tripped yet." Ben said as we grew closer. We then heard her feet lose pattern and saw her fall.

"I spoke too soon." Ben finished.

"Ya you d-did." I replied before running ahead of them. She was back on her feet and about to run again when I wrapped my arms around her. I must have gone too fast cause the two of us fell on the ground. It was like a St. Bernard wrestling with a really pissed Blue Heeler. I had the strength, but she had the speed. Every time I try to pin her down, she finds a way around it and hits me. I couldn't feel any of it, until she grabbed my wrist and I felt a sudden pain when her fist hit my shoulder.

"Ow! Fuck!" I shouted before I managed to pin Y/N down. I could hear Ben, Masky and Hoodie mumbling in shock.

"Holy shit." Hoodie whispered. They saw that I could feel when she has a grip on me. Before I could say anything, we heard a demonic screeching in the distance and grew completely still. The four of us knew exactly what it was.

"Fuck." Hoodie whispered. The screeches grew more rapid and loud.

"Get her in that tree now!" Ben hissed quietly. Masky grabbed Y/N while I started to climb. When I was sure that I was high enough, I locked my legs onto the branch and hung upside down like a kid on a jungle gym.

"Give her h-here." I whispered frantically reaching down towards her. Hoodie wrapped his arms around Y/N's legs and raised her up.

"I'm not going to grab your hands. You guys want to kill me." Y/N stated as she stared up at me.

"For the love of ass, grab his hands before it gets here." Masky spat as he looked towards where the noises were coming from.

"If we wanted t-to kill you, we would h-have done i-it w-when we caught you in that house." I replied before I made an attempt to grab her.

"I'm not going as "entertainment" for you guys, and especially not him." She said as she smacked my hands away. I was starting to get anxious. I was twitching a little more now.

"If we wanted y-you for our "entertainment", w-we would have done s-so in the house b-before killing you. We d-don't want to h-hurt you Y/N. Now grab my hands." I said as I looked into her eyes. The screams grew louder. Y/N looked for a moment before back at me. There was a sliver of fear in her eyes now. She grabbed my hands and I pulled her small body up and onto the branch. I pulled her close to me and leaned against the trunk.

"What the hell are you-" She said before I quickly wrapped my arms around her and covered her mouth.

"Don't move and s-stay quiet." I whispered before she grabbed my wrist to try and remove my hand. I could feel everything. Her soft face under my hand, the bark against my head. I immediately snapped out of it when Ben and the others started talking. It was right below Y/N's feet.

"The heck do you want Rake?" Ben said irritability as the Rake looked around frantically. I knew that Rake was looking for Y/N. It must have caught her sent.

"She was here. I smell her." It said with its raspy, demonic voice. Ben and the others pretended to look confused.

"She? There's a she?" Ben asked.

"You have a girlfriend? Congrats." Masky said sarcastically as he leaned against the tree.

"I'm not going to ask if she's hot because we all know the answer." Hoodie said before Masky and Ben laughed a little. I had to use all my strength to keep myself from laughing, but also from throwing my guts out from the thought of a "she-rake".

"Shut up before I cut you in half." Rake hissed at Hoodie. Masky took out his knife and pointed it at Rake. The atmosphere immediately got tense.

"Do that, and you'll have to deal with Slenderman." Masky said making Rake take a few steps back.

"There's no girl anymore. We just finished her off." Ben lied as he stood next to Hoodie. Rake growled in disappointment as the intensity loosened. Masky put away his knife and stretched.

"You'll have to hunt something else tonight." Ben finished. Rake narrowed his eyes for a moment before running off. All of us were quiet for  several minutes until we were sure that the Rake left. I sighed in relief and removed my hands form Y/N. She didn't move for a moment. She let me help her down from the tree. I could see her shake a little for a couple seconds.

"I-" She said before clearing her throat.

"I've spent my whole by this forest, I never thought such a peaceful place could hide such dark secrets." She said  blankly. It must be hard for her to realize the things that she felt so comfortable and safe around don't exist anymore, or were false all along. We stood amongst the trees for a bit to let her process everything that has happened in the past few hours.