Ch.10 Horror in Dreams

-Toby pov

It's been a month since Y/N met Jack. She's met several others that I had to explain to. Things ended well and she's become friends with them. She met Pianist, Sally, and Silver. They come visit her  when they can. But there are others that don't know about her yet. They need to before she comes across one of them and they kill her. Especially the Rake. Slenderman is the only one that can talk to the killers in the woods and city, no matter how far away they are. I don't know if he'll do it though. After all, no victim has ever encountered him and lived. Her presence already puts him on edge. She threatens his reputation. He wouldn't care if one killed y/n.

"S-slenderm-man?" I said before carefully opening the door. Slenderman looked out the window. He's probably wondering why I'm still awake. It's almost midnight after all.

"It's late Toby. Everyone is resting." He stated before looking back at me. I knew that I'll have to be careful with my words in order to make this work.

"I-in the past month, y-y/n has encountered several ki-killers." I said. Slenderman tilted his head. I have him interested. Hopefully in a good way.

"Eye-eyeless Jack, Sally, Th-the Pianist, and S-silver. Jack was a n-near death situation. The o-others were introduced t-to her by either Ben, M-masky, Hoodie, or m-myself." I added. Slenderman nodded his head as if he was getting irritated or impatient.

"And your point is ?" He replied. There's no going back.

"The others that li-ve in these woods a-and the city they d-don't know about her. If she c-comes across one they'll k-kill her. You can t-talk to them. J-just tell th-them that there is a girl w-with h/c and e/c in the woods a-and not to kill her." I finished before Slenderman interrupted. I didn't try and say another word.

"That's why I told you to have you and another person accompany her and to not be outside after dark. What more do you expect me to give to a girl that survived me. A girl that knows where and what we are." He said as he stood up. There was a trace of anger in his voice forcing me to look down. I knew that I lost in this conversation. He then sighed and sat down.

"It is late Toby. You need to rest." He finished softly. I nodded my head before leaving his office and going up the stairs to my room.

-Your pov

"Hello?" I said. My voice was the only sound that came back to me in the dark. I don't know where I am, but I don't like it. I heard something behind me. I turned to see the graveyard where my friends are. I walked around until I found them. I looked at the stones for a while before I decided to leave and find my way out. I could hear voices as I walked through the graveyard. They were whispers at first, but then I heard them. The voices of Beth, Alice, and Kadie. I turned around to see them. They were horrifying. Beth was held together by what was left of her torso. Alice was missing part of her face. And Kadie, she was held together by her backbone.

"Why didn't you save us y/n?" They asked. Their voices made me shiver.

"You left us behind, y/n. Why?" Kadie asked.

"You told Beth and I to run. And we did." I explained as I took a step back.

Why didn't you try to stop that thing from killing me? From killing us?" Beth said as they took a step forward.

"I tried Beth. I tried to stop it, but I was too late. It attacked me. I got out of the woods with a broken leg, ribs, and arm. If I could, I would trade places with the three of you." I replied before they smiled sinisterly. It wasn't like them. I started to back up. But with every step I took back, they stepped forward.

"Join us y/n. Join us. We'll be together forever. Stay with us y/n. Join us." They said before I turned and ran. I could hear their voices surrounding me, telling me to join them. I couldn't find the gate out. The graveyard never ended. I could feel a sudden pain throughout my body. I looked to see the exact broken leg, broken ribs, the broken arm, and all the gashes and bruises I got from that night. Kadie, Alice and Beth stood around me. I was past scared.

"You are one of us now y/n. Our friend." They whispered before they wrapped their arms around me. The pain was suddenly gone. I looked at my friends. We were back to normal.

"We love you y/n. No matter what we say in this nightmare, we still love you." They said. I smiled as I hugged them.

"I love you too." I said before everything was slowly turning white. Suddenly, I woke up to something cold and sharp against my throat.

"Sshhhhhh." A voice said quietly as a hand covered my mouth. I looked at the figure. It was a boy around the same age as Toby. He had no eyelids and had a carved smile on his face.

"Go to sleep." He said before he tried to stab me. I grabbed his arm and kept it away from me. But I knew that I can't hold it forever. I rolled to the side making him stab the bed before I elbowed the side of his head. He yelled in pain before falling off. I immediately got up and ran out of the room. I ran down the hall with his footsteps close behind me.

"Toby!" I yelled in terror as I ran down the stairs. The next thing I knew, the boy grabbed me from behind and we both lost our footing. I screamed a little before we fell down the last three steps. I was in pain but I kept the knife away from me. My heart was pounding.

"Jeff stop!" A voice shouted before I saw hands pull the boy off of me.

"Jeff calm down. What the hell are you doing here?" Toby said as he stood between Jeff and I. Jeff took a deep breath to calm himself.

"My place was burned down. I came here to stay until I find another place. I always stay in that room Toby. I came in, saw her, and knew that she wasn't one of us. I came to the conclusion that she is an intruder and my next victim." Jeff explained. Jeff looked at me and smiled.

"The look on your face though, was really satisfying." He said laughing slightly even though I had tears falling from my eyes. I wiped one away and examined it on my finger. My breath was shaking violently.

"Y-y/n?" Toby said as he got on his knees in front of me. I could hear Ben, Masky, and Hoodie run down the steps.

"Toby I'm crying. For the first time in many years I'm crying." I said before hugging Toby. Everyone in the room was shocked. I missed crying so much. I could feel the corners of my lips tightening and turn into a smile on my face. I let go of Toby and looked into his eyes. I was so happy that I was experiencing more emotions. Toby smiled before hugging me. Jeff smiled a little even though he looked really confused. The grins on everyone's faces faded away. Including mine. I looked to see Slenderman staring down at us.

"To bed. All of you." Everyone was a little confused from what he said, but we all went up the stairs anyway. I walked into my room and closed my door. I could still feel my emotions. I sighed happily.

"Don't get too comfortable expressing them." A voice said in the dark. I looked to see Slenderman in a dark corner. I felt anger pulsing through me.

"I've spent years trying to get them back. I almost lost hope. They are coming back and I'll keep them when they stay for good." I replied. He simply stared at me. I felt like I was going to explode.

"You are not going to change me. Why should I listen to you after what you did to my friends.-" Before I could say anything else, Slenderman lunged towards me. We were now face to face. I felt like his gaze was piercing through me. I wanted to step away from him. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't show any sort of fear.

"Let me ask you this: Are you the lucky one? Or are your friends the lucky ones?" He replied before disappearing and leaving me in deep thoughts. I am in the house of the one who almost killed me. I've almost died several times. Slenderman has control of my freedom and protection. My friends however, they are free from pain and are safe. They are now and forever at peace. Am I truly lucky?