Ch.11 Existence

-Your pov

I lost my emotions the next day after my little encounter with Slenderman. I was really confused like everyone else. It's been two weeks since then and I have my emotions again. I decided to make the most of it. Maybe it'll last longer. Toby, Jeff, and I decided to go outside for a while. We got to a park next to the woods. The memories I have of this place made me smile a little. The park was pretty quiet for a Saturday.  Jeff sat on a tree and Toby sat at a bench while I walked around. I could hear a familiar name being called. I followed the voices and saw two kids about five years old. Their eyes met mine and I froze as they ran up to me.

"Can you help me and my sister find our dog Baxter?" The boy asked. I found it a little odd that they have a dog named Baxter, but it was a common name for dogs. I pushed the thought out of my mind and offered them my help. They smiled and said their names: Tristen and Madalyn. Twins. They came from the U.K with their mom. They don't have any older or younger siblings and live by the forest. It's been only five minutes and I've already grown fond of Tristen and Madalyn. They seem to like me as well. They've invited me to their house Sunday saying that their parents will be gone leaving them with a babysitter. I got a little nervous about their invitation.

"I don't know.    What time does your babysitter arrive?" I asked as we continued to walk around looking for Baxter.

"She normally comes at three and leaves around five when mom and dad get back." Tristen said as he jumped over the lines on the sidewalk.

"Don't worry. She won't see you. Jane is always on her phone. We can play outside if you want." Madalyn added as she skipped next to me. I smiled and gladly accepted their request. It wasn't too long after that when we found their dog. He was so familiar, yet I couldn't figure it out. We then heard their parents calling for the twins. They thanked me and said that they were looking forward to seeing me again before running towards their parents with Baxter. When I saw their parents in the distance, my heart stopped. They were mine. I am their big sister and they don't even know about my existence. A knot tightened rapidly in my throat and I walked back to Toby. I wanted to leave.

-Toby pov

"Ar-are y-ou ok?" I said as Y/N walked towards me with her arms crossed and her head down.

"Let's go." She stated as she started to walk past me. Jeff and I caught up with her and we wandered into the forest.

"Wh-what's wrong?" I asked her. She took a shaky breath.

"I'm fine." She replied while her voice was on the edge of crying. I could tell that she wasn't anywhere near fine, but I decided not to push it. She was quiet the whole way to the mansion with only a few sharp, shaky breaths. She was hurting from something. No one bothered her when she was in her room. We were all getting worried. It's dark out and she hasn't left her room. Not even to eat. I walked up the steps followed by the others. Before I could even knock on the door, I could hear her crying. I wanted to know what happened at the park. I opened the door to find her in a dark corner.

"I    want to   be alone.   Please give me that Toby.   Just a while longer." She whispered between sobs. I sighed and carefully closed the door. I looked at the others.

"She n-needs more time. W-when she I-is ready to come o-out,   we c-can ask her th-then." I said before all of us went to our rooms. I felt awful when I saw her crying in a corner. I couldn't sleep all night because of it. When morning came, I waited outside of her room hoping that she would come out. I could hear her footsteps and after a while she finally opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and red. She must have been crying all night.

"Y/n, w-what's wrong? What h-happened yest-terday?" I asked as she looked at me with her eyes barely open.

"I met two wonderful kids at the park yesterday. They want me to come visit them in a few days." She whispered with a raspy voice.

"That's a g-good th-thing y/n." I said before y/n wiped a few tears from her eyes.

"They are my little brother and sister. I have siblings and my parents haven't even mentioned my name to them. They don't know that I exist. My-" She suddenly stopped when we heard Slenderman at the base of the steps calling us down for food. I knew that she didn't want him to know about her siblings. Probably for the best. The last thing I want is for him to kill them. It would tear y/n apart. She was quiet at the table and for a majority of the morning. I get nervous every time she goes into her room. She is depressed and I don't know what to do to help her. She stayed in her room while I was downstairs trying to come up with something to help her. I then heard a knock on the door followed by an unfamiliar voice. Someone must have wandered too far into the woods and got lost. He can't go back to the city now. Minus well take care of it. I need to let some anger out anyways.

-Your pov

I could hear random screaming and the sound of blades piercing flesh. Part of my mind was telling me that if I go down to investigate, it could have a negative effect on me. But I really wanted to know what was happening downstairs. I sighed and opened my door to go find where the noises were coming from. It didn't take really long and I immediately regretted it when I saw the torn up corpse. Toby stood by the mangled body and noticed that I was present.

"A h-hunter found his way hhere. He s-aw t-too much. I can't ri-risk him go-going b-back to the city." He explained. I nodded my head, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

"Ok." I said quietly. I started to feel dizzy. I knew what was coming. I needed to get upstairs before it gets worse.

"Y-y/N, are y-you ok?" Jeff asked. I shook my head as I started going up the steps. I looked like I was wasted. I was running into the wall and the rail as I went up to the third step. I'm not going to make it. I immediately went back down and collapsed on all fours staring at the floor. Time is against me.

"Trashcan." I mumbled.

"What?" Toby asked clearly concerned. I could feel my stomach starting to release hell.

"Trashcan." I shouted urgently. Toby knew what was coming. He ran off and came back a few seconds later with a trashcan. I grabbed it and then all hell broke loose in my stomach. I couldn't stop and it was getting harder to breath. I felt Toby kneel next to me and place his hand on my back. He started rubbing my back to help settle everything. I threw up one last time before I started breathing heavily.

-Toby pov

I looked over at Jeff coming down the steps while I continued to rub Y/N's back.

"J-jeff, can y-you ge-get that body outside? I'll t-take care of it later." I said before Jeff nodded his head. Y/N's breathing was starting to recover.

"Thanks." She said between breaths.

"Y-ya.     S-sorry about y-you seeing th-that." I replied.

"It's fine. This is what you guys do. I'll get used to it eventually." She said. It sounded like her breathing was back to normal. I felt another presence and looked up. It was Slenderman. He looked at the blood on the floor and then at Y/N.

"When she's done. Have her clean that up. You need to get rid of the body." He said before walking away to his room. Y/N sighed and got up. She stumbled a little but she was moving just fine after that. She filled a bucket of water and grabbed several cloths. I got up and walked outside to take care of the body. Slenderman was starting to annoy me with how he treats Y/N.

-Your pov

I had no idea how hard it is to get blood out of a wood floor. My arms were starting to hurt, but Slenderman won't let me go back to my room until all the blood is gone. I heard a cloth being taken out of the water and being put on the floor. I looked up to see Jeff.

"Slenderman doesn't want me to do this, but he can go fuck himself." He whispered. I looked towards Slenderman's room and back at him. I really hoped that Slenderman didn't hear him.

"He's been an asshole to you ever since you showed up I don't know why. You sometimes get curious, but that's not an excuse to treat you like this." He added. I looked at him confused.

"Curious?" I asked before he smiled and continued to clean the floor.

"Toby told me about how you would wander in the woods. It's how you met us. And honestly, I'm glad you did." He replied. I smiled and got back to the floor. I'm glad my curiosity lead me here as well.