Ch.4 Run

-Your pov

The woods kept getting darker. All I had in my hand was my wallet. I left my money and food outside of the forest. I hope no one finds them, but I really hope that I don't get lost. I've been in the woods many times in my life,     but not in this part. Many people that get lost in here don't come out alive or are never found. I could feel myself getting more paranoid the further I wandered in. I've never been in this part of the woods before. Knowing that there's a killer here, and the fact that it's getting dark is not helping the slightest either. Wandering this far better be worth it. The sun was almost gone making it very dark under the canopy. I was about to turn back but then I saw something in the grass several feet away. It took awhile for my eyes to focus, but when they did, it was twenty dollars. Maybe walking this far was worth it after all.

-??? pov

I watched her wandering around the forest. Slenderman wants her dead, and commanded me to do it. Apparently she escaped while somehow dragging her dead friends with her. She looks different. Her e/c eyes are blank as if she's trapped in another world. Her arms barely sway back and forth as she walks. Her face shows no care to live, but no will to die. She was so           empty. I kept my distance, waiting for the right moment. She stopped. I couldn't tell why at first, but then I noticed the twenty dollars. She was going to grab it. This is my chance. I attacked her just as she put the bill in her pocket. I was hoping that she could scream or show fear like my other victims, but there was nothing. She tried to hit me with her wallet but I snatched it out of her hands and put it in my pocket. I held her against the tree strangling her with one hand and keeping my blade close to her throat with the other. Her face was still blank. There was no sign of fear in her eyes or her struggling breath. I tightened my grip on her neck hoping that her expresion would change. Instead, she grabbed my wrist and tried to remove my hand. I could feel it. I could feel her grip and her steady pulse. This isn't normal. Why am I feeling this? I quickly let go in shock as I stumbled back. How was that possible? The confusion was overwhelming. I immediately ran further into the woods away from her. I needed to think. I looked back to see her running calmly back to the city. Her h/c hair swaying side to side gracefully in the wind. I eventually stopped to catch my breath and sat down against a tree to process what just happened. I could feel her touch, but once I let go, I couldn't feel anything. I wanted to feel again. It caught me by surprise, but it was a nice surprise. I wanted to experience it again. Maybe, I could feel other things as long as she holds onto me. I remembered grabbing her wallet before running and took it out. My mind started to drift away as I stared at her driver's license, taking in every detail.

"Hey, Toby! What the hell are you doing?!" A voice shouted before I put the wallet back in my pocket. I looked up to see Hoodie.

"Y-you are not going t-to be-believe me if I told you." I replied. Hoodie tilted his head to the side.

"You don't know that. Come on, enlighten us." Masky said as he appeared from around a tree.

"I caught th-the girl." I stated.

"And?" Masky said clearly waiting eagerly for my reply.

"She escaped." I finished.

"What?!" Hoodie shouted. He might as well shout it to the world it was so loud.

"I was c-close to killing her but t-then she grabbed my w-wrist to try a-and f-free herself, and I   well I c-could feel it." I explained leaving them quiet and confused.

"How is that        even possible?" Masky said as he helped me up.

"I-I don't know, but in the me-meantime we should keep this f-from Slenderman." I replied as we started to walk back to the mansion. Hoodie wouldn't stop looking at me. I sighed as my neck snapped.

"What?!" I said obviously irritated. I could feel him smirk under that sad-looking hood.

"You want to feel again, don't you." He said. I opened my mouth to shout at him and say "mind your own business" but I stopped and reluctantly nodded my head. Masky and Hoodie stopped and looked at each other before looking at me. They had an idea.