Ch.16 Nightmares and Waffles

-Toby pov

Winter was harsh and quiet the past few months. Slenderman spent the whole winter in his room sleeping. No one dared open his door and wake him. Except me. I intended on making sure that he never wakes up. Not after what he did. Now that all the snow melted away I decided that now was the time. I snuck into his room while everyone else was asleep. His arms were crossed over his chest. I almost thought he was dead the whole winter. I watched him carefully as I went to his nightstand and quietly opened it revealing a wooden box. I carefully took it out before opening it. It was some kind of dagger. The only thing that I knew could kill him. My anger grew more with every step I made towards Slenderman. The dagger hovered over his chest as I stared at his damned face. I was about to end him, but then a hand grabbed my wrist while another took the dagger out of my hand and set it aside. It was Masky. He dragged me out of the room and to the living room where the others were waiting.

"The hell were you doing? Do you realize you could have been killed if Slenderman caught you?" Jeff whispered  as Masky pulled me up to them. Ben stepped forward silencing everyone.

"Toby, she has to leave before Slenderman gets tired of her. We know you like her. We all care about her, but it's only a matter of time." Ben said as he looked up at y/n's room. As much as I didn't want to admit it, he was right.

"He's right Toby. Slenderman will kill her. It's not just her life that is in danger. It's also her sanity." Jack added before it grew quiet. I didn't want to send her away, but I have to. For her sake.

"It w-will be hard t-o le-t her go. But there i-is no other op-tion." I said reluctantly before we all went back to our rooms. I never felt so restless before. The thought of never seeing her again was overwhelming.

-Your pov

I couldn't see anything for miles. It was as if I was staring into the void. Engulfed in darkness. I blindly wandered around knowing that there will be no light to lead me to safety. After a while, there was this feeling of being watched. No matter where I went in the dark abyss, it continued to follow me. I felt like I was losing my sanity. The feeling of being followed grew stronger. It felt like whatever it was, was right behind me. I turned around and saw Slenderman towering over me. His form changed. I grew scared as he stood taller and taller. His face had jagged teeth and tentacles coming out of his neck. I screamed and tried to run, but my feet wouldn't move. I looked down at them and saw a shining object next to my foot. I quickly picked up the object and pointed it at him. It was some kind of blade and I had every intension to use it. I stabbed him over and over til his body fell on the ground. I closed my eyes for a moment to catch my breath. When I opened them, I saw Jane in Slenderman's place. She was coved in blood. I didn't kill Slenderman, I slaughtered Jane. I stood over her as she looked at me.

"W-why?" She whispered. I couldn't figure out why Jane took his place. I took a deep breath before kneeling down. I held her hand as her tears fell from her eyes. I could feel tears falling down my face.

"I     I don't know." I replied before her grip on my hand faded and she grew silent. I didn't like her because of past encounters with her, but I never wanted to kill her.    Right? I wouldn't kill a person.    Would I? There's no way that I will feel any satisfaction, but the thing was I enjoyed watching the death of the person who spent years picking on me. I turned into a monster. I didn't want to believe that I killed someone and enjoyed it. The knot tightened in my throat and I started crying. It was quiet at first, but then it turned into screams. I suddenly felt someone grab my shoulders. I woke up to see Toby frantically shaking me.

"T-oby st-op. I'm a-wake." I said trying not to stutter. Toby stopped shaking me. I thought for a moment that he would let go of me, but instead he wrapped his arms around me and was practically squeezing me as tight as he could.

"I w-woke up to y-ou sc-reaming. I th-thought that you w-were being killed. S-so I ran st-raight to your room." Toby explained before letting go of me. I tried not to look like I was out of breath when Ben and the others ran into my room. All of them were asking me if I was ok before I nodded my head. Toby was looking at me funny. He knew that I was lying.

"Do you want me to get you something? Food?" Jeff asked while his eyes looked at me and then at Toby over and over. He was asking both Toby and I.

"Waffles." We said simultaneously before he ran out of the room. Toby looked over at the others before they walked away. I guess they knew that he wanted the two of us alone. I was about to talk but then Jeff came in with a pile of waffles and a bottle of syrup. He set them down along with plates and forks before going back to bed.

"Y/n, a-are you ok? Your sc-reams e-echoed throughout the m-mansion. I seriously th-ought someone b-broke in and was trying to k-kill you." Toby said before eating a waffle.

"Just a dream. No one was killing me. I-it was the exact opposite. I killed someone." Toby stopped eating when he heard my words and looked at me in shock.

"I-in the dream, I was in a dark void. I couldn't see anything, yet I knew that I was being followed. When I turned around I saw Slenderman. He was terrifying. I saw a blade by my foot and stabbed the living shit out of him. I didn't stop until I was out of breath. I shut my eyes for a moment, but when I opened them, Slenderman wasn't there. I-instead, it was a girl in my school. She had the same wounds that I gave Slenderman. The worst part of it was I enjoyed it. I tried to convince myself that I'm not a killer, but I feel this urge to.        I still do." I explained while Toby grew quiet for awhile.

"You've b-been in this mansion for t-too long. This place is eff-ecting you. Slen-derman, he is unknowingly ch-changing you. T-turning you into one of us." Toby said as I finished my stack of waffles.

"Y-you mean if I stay here I'll turn into a killer?" I asked nervously before Toby nodded his head. He took another bite before taking a deep breath.

"I h-hate to s-ay this y/n, but you ne-need to leave. Leave be-fore th-this place consumes you. Before S-lenderman kills you." He said nervously before finishing his last waffle.

"I'll h-elp you pack so th-at you can le-leave in the morning. Sl-enderman will be wa-king up in a few days. I'll die bef-ore he kills you." Toby said while stuffing some of my things into a bag. I grabbed his hands to stop him.

"I can't bear it if you die. I don't want any of you to die for me. I lost three friends, I don't want to lose anymore. Toby, I can express emotions freely now thanks to all of you. If you didn't bring me here, I would still be emotionless. I don't want to leave any of you behind." I replied before he smiled and gripped my hands a little tighter. 

"I-I know y/n. We a-all find it ve-ry difficult to s-send you away from h-here. Especially me." He said before resting his head against mine. 

"Slenderman is on-ly a-acting like this because yo-u are here. His one vi-victim that still draws breath. W-when you are gone and s-safe, he w-won't be able to h-hurt you. He will be himself again. A-and time go on th-the way i-it should." He finished quietly as his eyes shut. I couldn't stop the tears falling from my eyes. My life is in danger as long as I stay here, but if I leave, I will be alone in the world once again. I didn't want to leave them, but I don't think I even have a choice.