Ch.8 Why

-Toby pov

Y/N has been pretty quiet for the past few days. She hasn't left her room except to go to the bathroom. She would look at Slenderman with her blank face whenever he was in her presence, but I could feel a trace of anger radiating off of her. I don't blame Y/N though. I've seen Y/N with her friends in the woods from time to time. They were very close. Almost like        sisters. My vision became blurry for a second from the thought of my sister. I took my hood and goggles off to wipe the small tears away before putting them back on. I need to go out and hunt like Slenderman wanted. The fact that it's now dusk made me worried. Y/N hasn't come out all day. I need to check on her before I go out. I just want to make sure that she is ok.

"Y-Y/N?" I called out before knocking. There was no reply.

"May I c-come in?" I asked politely before waiting for a response. I hear footsteps before the door slowly opens. She looks up at me with her E/C eyes. They were so empty. As if she was     dead. Y/N blinked a couple times before opening the door wider to let me in. Her room was just as blank as her face. It was dusted, cobwebs removed, swept, but still empty. I looked back at her. I felt like I was looking at a statue.

"I      wanted t-to make sure       th-that y-you were ok." I stated. She blinked and looked around her room.

"I'm fine considering the fact that I am in a house with the bastard who murdered my friends. Considering the fact that my parents left me." She replied. Her tone was blank, but her words were used as if she was mad but also sad. I don't understand why she can't express her feelings. She could at least make a face.

"So b-basically, you're not fine." I replied. She blinked and looked down before nodding her head. I knew that she had no expression on her face, but I could sense that she was a little upset.

"I'm h-heading o-out to take care o-of some things. D-do you want anything fr-from the city while I'm g-gone?" I asked before I noticed a picture on her dresser. It was a picture of Y/N and her friends when they were kids. About four to five years old. What was weird about it was that she was smiling with her friends. She was happy. She was laughing. She looked         even more beautiful when her face and eyes had life.

"Chocolate would be nice.    Maybe some stuff to decorate this room since I'm going to be here for a long time." Y/N replied before she looked out the window. She wanted out. I could tell.

"I'll s-see what I c-can find. M-masky and Hoodie are gone s-so if you need a-anything, let S-slenderman know." I said before stepping out and closing the door behind me. I'll try and get the kills done fast so that I can get Y/N something by morning.

-Your pov

I was left alone. In a house with a monster. Trapped. It's tempting to just get out and run away, but I've already gotten lost several times the past few days. Besides, I don't want to be anywhere near Slenderman. I hate his guts, and I know he hates mine. I'm the only person that has survived his encounters. I am threatening his reputation. Don't really care though. As long as he leaves me alone I'll be fine. I was about to grab a book from my bag but then I heard a knock on my door.

"Dammit." I whispered. It's probably Slenderman. I reluctantly opened the door to see "Link" instead of Slenderman.

"Hi Y/N, I'm Ben. " He chirped. I was relived that it wasn't Slenderman.

"Hi Ben." I said. I wished that my face and tone would stop being blank. He didn't seem to care or notice.

"Our last introduction wasn't the greatest so I thought,    maybe I should start over. I'm staying in a spare bedroom further down the hall since I have the next three days off and was wondering if you wanted to play any video games." He said shyly. I looked back at my books and back at him.

"Ok." I answered. His face lit up.

"Great. Follow me." He said before walking away. I followed him down the hall and into his room. It was almost as empty as mine except he had a small T.V with a WII. He took the two pillows off his bed and put them on the floor. We sat down and he gave me a WII remote.

"I've been trying to get an XBOX, but I haven't had any luck so far. What do you want to play? I have Super Mario Brothers, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Cart, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Avatar. I'll eventually get more." He said. I thought about the options for a second.

"Mario Cart." I said. He smiled and turned it on. For once, I was actually enjoying myself here. I didn't win a lot, but I was having fun. The most fun I've had ever since I got here. Ben and I talked a lot and got to know each other. He's a pretty fun guy to hang out with. Hours went by in what felt like minutes. We stopped playing when the remotes died. Ben and I looked at the time. 12:30.

-Toby pov

I wiped the mud off my shoes before stepping inside.

"You were out longer than normal Toby." Masky said as he got up from the chair. He then noticed the small box in my hands. I walked past him and up the steps before he could say anything about it. I looked into Y/N's room to see her gone.

"If you stayed a few more seconds I would have told you that she is with Ben playing videogames." Masky said as he reached me.

"What's up with the box?" Hoodie said as he stepped out of his room. They followed me into Y/N's room before I set the box down on her bed.

"S-she wanted s-some th-things for her room, s-so I snuck i-into her parent's garage a-and went through a-a f-few boxes. I managed t-to grab a lamp, sh-sheets, three shelves, a-and a poster." I replied before walking out of her room. I decided to go check on her and Ben before going to bed. I was about to knock but I stopped and listened with Hoodie and Masky behind me.

"I had fun playing Mario Cart. I wish that I could express it." She said blankly as usual.

"Why not?" Ben asked. Masky, Hoodie, and I leaned in a little more.

"I used to have emotions. Long ago.   I was five when it happened. My friends and I were in a Jr. Baseball group. It was my turn to hit the ball. I missed the first two. The last one the pitcher threw it too hard and it hit my head. The next thing I knew, I was in the hospital with no emotions whatsoever. The doctors explained to me, my friends and family that my emotions won't show vocally or on my face. I've had to rely on words and actions since then. The only friends I had were the three I made and kept before I went blank. The other kids in my school made fun of me for it. They started calling me    Blank Face.   They would sing their version of Blank Space whenever I walked into a room. At least the first verse." She explained. I was quiet as my mind processed what I just heard. There was only two thoughts in my head. How to and will she ever be able to express them again.