Ch.13 Who I Am

-Your pov

It was beautiful out. Not too hot and not too cold. The forest was full of autumn colors. Leaves were falling gracefully in the breeze. I was lost in thought as I sat down against a tree reading until I heard something fall from the tree and land behind me.

"H-hey Y/N." A voice said from behind.

"What is it now Toby?" I said as I closed my book and put it in my bag. I knew what was coming.

"Ca-can you d-do that th-thing again?" Toby asked as he sat down on the rock behind me. I turned my head and looked at his hyper expression.

"Toby, you had me do it like ten times already. It's getting close to sunset." I wined. I swear, Toby is like a child when it comes to feeling things. It's kind of cute. He looked into my eyes practically begging me. I tried to keep a straight face but I felt my face turn into a smile. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. His eyes lit up when I did so. I stood up and put my bag over my shoulders. I've learned over the past few weeks that whenever I hold Toby's hand so that he can feel things, he pretty much turns into that crazy dog you're trying to walk but it's dragging you everywhere. We took off running through the woods. Seeing him happy and laughing made me do the same. We ran across the brook with the water hitting our legs. We ran all the way to the plains before Toby stopped. I could see him close his eyes as he felt the wind through his hair. We could see the sun starting to set. He lead me up a hill so that we could see the sunset better before we sat down. We were quiet for a while, yet it wasn't awkward silence. I smiled a little and rested my head on his shoulder. He must have noticed how tired I looked because he got me back on my feet and lead me back to my room. He sat down next to me on my bed. It was normal for him to stay with me for hours. I was confused when he wrapped his arms around me and laid down on my bed. I went with it for a while but thought about Slenderman.

"Toby." I whispered. Toby didn't move at all. I checked my room and the door.

"Slenderman won't like the two of us sleeping together." I added before Toby smiled and snuggled closer.

"B-but y-your bed is so c-comfortable." He wined quietly making me laugh. He took a deep breath and hugged me one more time before going to my door. We said goodnight before he closed the door and went to his room. I was still and listened to every step. I made my move once I was sure that everyone was asleep. I carefully opened my window and climbed out onto a nearby branch. I started running as soon as my feet touched the ground. Tristen and Madelyn were waiting for me at their house. I came to visit them every Sunday and Friday evening for the past six weeks. It hurts knowing what they don't. I'll never understand why my parents didn't tell them. The thought stuck in my head as I played with the twins. Hours went by. I couldn't stand it.

"If mom and dad won't tell you, then I will." I said before going to the garage. They followed me to the boxes.

"Our mom and dad told us not to look in them." Tristen said as I took the top off one. I could feel tears start to fall down my face. My mom and dad don't want me in my siblings' lives. My jaw tightened as I tried to not cry.

"I'm your sister." I said through my gritting teeth. The twins looked at each other confused.

"Mom and dad told us that we don't have a big sister." Madalyn said. The knot in my throat grew tighter.

"I'm your sister. I wouldn't lie to you about this. I would never lie to you." I said before I went through the box of pictures. I was desperately looking for something to prove it to them.

"Look, see this picture? This was me when I was born. There's mom holding me in the hospital." I said while pointing at the people in the picture. More tears were falling as I looked for another picture.

"There's mom and dad. And then there's me. The girl between them." I said as I showed them a family picture. I flipped it over and showed them the back.

"And my name is on the back. See? Y/n l/n." I said before putting it away. The looks on their faces didn't seem convinced. I felt like I was an inch from insanity as I grabbed another box and opened it.

"And here's photo albums of me when I was a kid. Our parents wouldn't have these if I wasn't their daughter. I'm your big sister y/n. Please believe me." I begged as tears stained my face. Madalyn and Tristen were quiet for a while. Then they hugged me. I was shocked.

"We believe you y/n. You're the only one who never lied to us. We know you're our sister." Tristen whispered. I couldn't hold it back. I cried and wrapped my arms around my little brother and sister.

"I love you both so much." I said between sobs.

"We love you too y/n." They said. I couldn't help but smile. I was more than happy to be their sister. They now know who I am. I didn't want to let go, but I had to leave. Our parents were approaching the driveway. Tristen and Madelyn promised not to tell mom and dad. I didn't want to leave, but I had to get back to the mansion.

*note*

I apologize for the late chapter. I've been going through a major writers block on all of my books. Internet hasn't really been helping either.