Chapter 12

Thomas POV

We stood there in shock, our bodies stayed still because of our shocked minds. Until we can feel the Marvas are right behind us. We faced them, blocking the door from them. "Move aside, Thomas" Marva said, trying to pull the door with my back pressed against it.

My back closed it again when it was slightly opened. "No, no, no! You don't wanna go in there, I heard one of the girls threw up a while ago and it's a big, big mess." I lied. She pulled a worried face and starts to pull the door while saying, "Well if someone feels sick, I should check-" I cut her off by pushing the door with my back again.

"Actually we're all quite fine in here" Until I hear Y/N's voice. She's standing in the screen window, giving us a 'ooh you're gonna get trouble' smirk. "Unless Thomas Sangster knows something we don't know" she adds, she clearly wants us to get in trouble. She looks up, seeing the bucket of syrup. "Really, I insist, open the door and come see for yourself." She said innocently. Please don't open it, please don't open it. But of course, Marva open it.

The syrup spilled all over them, then they slide down the aisle and fall down. "I told you it was a mess in here." I said, with a warning and an innocent tone while they're trying to get up, but end up sitting down unintentionally. "He should know, he did it!" She said, blaming me. "You,and you," Marva jr. said, pointing at me and Y/N. "Pack your stuff!" She added coldly.

~Time skip~

Third person POV

It's now 3:30 pm. Y/N, Thomas, and all of the campers and schoolmates are marching ahead to an old cabin. Marva holds up her speakerphone and announced, "The rest of you, back to your activities!" They all cheered in joy, except for us. "You two, the isolation cabin" Marva added, then Marva jr. Pointed at the old cabin.

They both shared a glare at each other, and walked in to the cabin along with their stuff.

Y/N POV

As I walked in the cabin, I looked around to see two beds, one on the left, the other on the right, both of them are placed by the windows, there's an old guitar there. So I didn't mind at all. I chose the one that is on my right. I walked towards it, I put my stuff beside it, dust the bed a little bit with my hand because there's a bit of dirt and dusts on top of the bed, and sat down.

I started unpacking my stuff until it's left with the book that I'm reading recently. Once I was done unpacking, I get the book, I lie down, and started to read.

Although I can't quite focus on what I am doing because Thomas is struggling to make his bed comfy. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it when someone is disturbing me, both intentionally and unintentionally. So I offered help to just get this over with so I can go back to reading peacefully. "Uhh do you need help?" I asked as I stand up and walked towards him. "No, thank you, you don't have to help me." He stated as he struggles. I shrugged and said, "alright, suit yourself." I said with an ignorant tone. "Just trying to help" I added, mumbling those words under my breath.

***

After 30 minutes of waiting for him to stop, he's finally relaxed and I can get back to reading.

The room is filled with silence, not awkward silence, just the comfortable one. The words flows on my mind as I read them. Until we hear the bell, indicating that dinner is ready. So I go out, not waiting for Thomas, a went to the cafeteria. I was going to sit with Hally and Y/BFF/N, but a counselor stopped me and lead me to this table called the 'isolation table'. I huffed in anger because I have to sit with Thomas too.

I sat down with Thomas, quietly eating, not talking to him. If I haven't mentioned, I'm not really good at conversations, I don't even like starting conversations. Guess that's one more reason I became an introvert.

~time skip~

It's 8:00 pm. We had a little bonfire after dinner. We tell stories, sing camp songs, but I didn't really sing along, I was just sitting there, staring at the flaming wood branches, thinking about random things.

I walked away and went in the cabin, I was bored, and I wasn't in the mood to read. So I grabbed the guitar that was here when we entered, and played 'Out of my limit' by 5 seconds of summer.

(Play the song ↑↑)

Back in high school we used to take it slow
Red lipstick on and high heel stilettos
Had a job downtown working the servo
Had me waiting in line couldn't even let go

'Cause I never wanna be that guy
Who doesn't even get a taste
No more having to chase
To win that prize

You're just a little bit out of my limit
It's been two years now you haven't even seen the best of me
And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times
But it's almost over
Let's start over

Back in high school
We used to make up plans
Called you up one day to meet split ends

'Cause I never wanna be that guy
Who doesn't even get a taste
No more having to chase
To win that prize

You're just a little bit out of my limit
It's been two years now you haven't even seen the best of me
And In my mind now I've been over this a thousand times
But it's almost over
Let's start over
You're just a little bit out of my limit
It's been two years now you haven't even seen the best of me
And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times
But it's almost over
Let's start over

I played the outro of the song and made a fading strum at the end of it. Until I hear a familiar British accent "I didn't know you play the guitar." I froze in place, realizing that Thomas was actually right by the door frame. My back is facing the door while I'm sitting on the bed, that's why I didn't know that someone was watching. "H-how long have you been there?" I stutter out some words to him. "Not long.." he said calmy. I sighed relief, because I thought he heard me singing. "About three minutes." He added, my eyes widen in shock. "You didn't heard me a-a while ago, d-did ya?" I asked him, still stammering. "Maybe, maybe not." He gave me a fake shrug. He obviously heard me.

I let it drop and changed into my sleeping clothes in the bathroom and get ready for bed. I lay in bed, holding the book above me, reading. Again, the words flow in my mind as I'm reading them. Until someone turned of the light with there own switch. Thomas. I turned it on again with the switch near me and continued to read. But then again, he switched it off. I'm starting to get annoyed, I turned it on again. "Hey! I'm trying to bloody sleep here! Now turn off the light!" He shouted. "Well I'm reading here, you could've let me know first before you rudely put lights off! This is the only happiness that I could live for ever since you begin to hate me, and you just have to ruin it!" There, I said it, not even realizing a tear slipped off my eye.

I turned off the light for him  got up and go outside and sit at the bench by the cabin. As I sit, I begin bawling my eyes out.