Chapter 25

We arrived at the venue and got out of the car. The place was beautiful. The venue is outdoors, which is good, because I can see the stars of the night sky. There were colorful lights hanging on trees, the dance floor was tiled with patterns, grass surrounding it, the food table was filled with sweets and salted foods and a bowl of punch. People are talking in the dance floor. It's beautiful, but I wanted to go home.

I looked around and see my friends with their dates, Y/BFF/N with Dylan, and Hally with Peter. There just standing at the corner of the dance floor, talking. I snapped out of my daze when Thomas speak up, "Love? Come on, let's go." I nodded and both of us approached our friends.

Soon enough, the DJ played a slow song. Thomas offered a hand and asked, "May I have this dance?" I took his hand and smiled at him. He returned the smiled and put his hands on my my waist, I then put my own hands on his shoulders. Thomas took the lead and swayed to the music. I focused on him as we slowly sway. I know it's a bit cliché but I feel like there's no one around us, just us two. Until the music became a pop song, which made everybody dance in their own way. We got off the dance floor and went to the food table. I grabbed a cup and filled it with fruit punch, Thomas does the same. We then talk about mindless things while taking a swig every each time.

****

They were all busy with dancing including Thomas. While I'm just sitting on one of the chairs by the punch bowl. I decided to sit by the lake, so I walked away and head to the lake. I sit on the grass and pulled my legs on my chest as I stayed silent while watching the water get sparkled by the moon.

"Mind if we join you here?" Until I hear a familiar female voice. I turned around to see Y/BFF/N with Thomas, Hally and Dylan, waiting for my answer. "Be my guest." I said as I weakly smiled and put my gaze back to the sparkling lake. I feel them sit beside me and just enjoy each other's company with pure comfortable silence.

Until Dylan filled the silence, "Care to tell us why you've been neglecting us the pass three days?" I looked at him, and then all of them. "If I tell you, will you let me go?" I asked as I stared into space. "You know we can't promise anything," Thomas paused, "but you have to tell us why." He finished. I sighed and crossed my legs into an Indian sit, I buried my face into my hands, "I have to move to California." I said, but it was muffled by my hands, making it hard to understand for them. "I'm sorry, we didn't catch that." Thomas stated and put an arm around my shoulder. I sighed and removed my hands off my face. "I have to move to California." I repeated with a clear but quiet voice. They didn't respond but I can see their worried eyes turn to broken ones, so I continued, "I guess the reason why I pretended that you guys don't exist in my world, it's because I wanted you to get used to it when I'm not around, I thought it was easy, but it's harder than I thought," a tear escaped my eye and my voice became shaky, "I didn't want you to know because I thought you'll start to hate me, and I don't want that to happen when I go." I finished because I cant handle the sobs and tears that was stinging in me.

I covered my face and started crying. It didn't take long when they started to engulf me with a hug.

We pulled away and laughed at ourselves because of our shucked up faces. "When are you going to leave anyways?" Hally asked. "When the first day of summer starts, which is 7 days after this night." I answered. "Well how about we spend those remaining days with you, yeah? At least we will add more memories that we can play in our mind whenever we want to." Y/BFF/N stated. I chuckled and nod, "well, we're going back to dance, see you later." Dylan said as all of them, except Thomas, walked away.

We sat there in silence, until Thomas suddenly engulfed me with a hug again, I hugged back and closed my eyes, I can feel something wet drop on my shoulder, Thomas was crying. "I'm gonna miss you." He mumbled on my shoulder. "You know I'm gonna miss you too," I said as my voice cracked, tears are threatening to come out again. "But this isn't goodbye, we still have 7 days, we can still hang out like always." I added, I rubbed his back for him to comfort him. Soon enough, he calmed down.