Chapter 17

~3 months later~

Y/N POV

I can feel Thomas gently shaking me awake, "Y/N? Love, wake up." He said I got up and rubbed my eyes, "Miss Y/L/N, are you going to answer the question or not?" Mr. Cooper suddenly asked. "I'm sorry, but can you repeat the question?" I requested, Mr. Cooper sighed and asked the question again, "what is the square root of 121?" I looked up the ceiling, thinking of the answer. "Umm, 11?" I answered. "Glad you're still paying attention." Mr. Cooper said, by then he began to continue the discussion.

Thomas clapped silently as I answered it right. I chuckled at his humor.

****

What happened in the past three months? Well.. all five of us, me, Dylan, Y/BFF/N, Thomas and Hally, became a group of friends after the camping trip. Thomas and I became more than friends.. best friends.. we found out that Y/BFF/N and Dylan got together, finally.
Me and Thomas became inseparable, but I have to admit, i'm in love with this boy. I always wondered what will happen when we have a chance to be together like Dylan and Y/BFF/N, but I already know the answer.

I was walking down the hall to music class, I join for this semester with Thomas. Yes, I play the guitar again, but I'm still a little rusty.

I opened the door o the classroom and sat on a tall stool with a guitar beside it. No one was there yet so I played a little song for a while.

'Never be alone' by Shawn Mendes
(Play the song↑↑)

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop
Or slow it down

Hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight
Just remember that we lay under the same stars

And hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer now

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

I finished the song and closed my eyes in content, enjoying the quietness of the room. Until someone claps loudly, giving me a fright. "Nice one Y/N! Why won't you let anyone know you play that gracefully?" The blonde boy said, I realized it was just Thomas, I sighed in relief "first of all, you already know the answer to that question, and second, Tommy, you gave me a shucking fright." I stated, letting out a deep sigh. He chuckled in response, I rolled my eyes from his silliness.

~time skip~

Classes are over for the day, Y/BFF/N and I are walking home together. It was a comfortable silence, until Y/BFF/N filled it up. "So, how's it going with Thomas?" She said, as she gives me a smirk. "Oh come on, you know I don't bloody love him" I lied. "Oh really? Then why is it when you're looking at him while we're talking you always get by with that lovey dovey smile, eh?" She exclaimed. Dang it. I suddenly felt heat grow up on my cheeks, "I-i do not!" I shot back, playfully slapping her shoulder. "Oh yeah? Then why do you have rosy cheeks all of a sudden?" She pointed out. I was about to answer, but I suddenly hear someone's motorcycle horn.

I turned around to see Thomas with a helmet on his motorbike, stopping at his tracks. "Hello love, want me to take you home?" He suddenly asked me. "O-oh, umm, eh, no th-" I didn't finished my sentence because of Y/BFF/N pinching my arm sneakily, I shut up because of the sudden pain, she didn't stop until I say yes. "You know what? Let's just go, Tommy." He grinned at my answer, I can also see my best friend cheekily grinning at me.

Thomas POV

I handed her a spare helmet, unlike any other girls from what I see, she confidently takes the helmet and sat on the space at the back. "Aren't you scared or nervous?" I asked her, "No, my dad used to drive me to school with his motorbike, so I'm kinda used to it." She simply said. I shrugged, "Alright, suit yourself." She wrapped her arms around my torso, ready for it. I started the engine of the motorbike and drove away with a flash, I looked at the side mirror, looking at her, looks like she's enjoying the ride, Maybe she misses this. I smiled at the thought and looked if we have reached our destination.

I stopped the motorcycle in front of her house. She got off the seat and handed me back the helmet, "thanks for the ride." She said, smiling. I returned the smile and looked into her sparkling Y/E/C eyes, I snapped back to reality as I got lost in it. "No problem." I gave her a hug and walked back to my motorcycle, driving home, smiling like a slinthead.