Chapter 6

Maisie

Morning was good. I was much relaxed today, then yesterday. Since, I skipped dinner yesterday, Amy and Lucifer were hell bent on feeding me like a child. They were treating me like a child.

"I can't eat anymore. Don't force me now, I'm not a child" I huffed and pouted my lips, in annoyance.

"But you are my child, darling" Amy giggled and disappeared into the kitchen.

"It's not like I haven't skipped food before" I scoffed lowly to myself, thinking no one had heard me. But my almighty husband did heard me.

He gave me a cold glare, pinning me in my seat. He leaned closer to me as his breath brushed my ear shell.
"Don't care if you have done it before. You are never skipping going to do it again. Am I clear?" Je raised his eyebrow.

Still scared from him, a breathed shakily and nodded my head.
"Words wife" he ordered.
"Yes. I understand" I said, stuffing a spoonful of pancake in my mouth. I averted my eyes and looked at my plate.

"Cute" I heard him whispered. My face burned red. I ducked my head and covered my face with my hairs. He chuckled lightly and got up.

"I'll be going now" he said, fixing his jacket. I nodded my head lightly, unable to speak because of my mouthful of food. He came towards me and kissed me on head. "See you after work. Love you".

I gulped down my food and got up. "Bye" I said in low voice. He looked disappointed for a moment but covered it instantly. Then he went out of the house.

I sighed and sat down on my chair. I'm still not used to his 'I love you'. So I don't know how to react.

I talked with Amy for sometime, then went to water my plants. After spending my time in garden, I went inside. As I was passing kitchen, I heard Bella's voice.

'She's here?'

I entered the kitchen and saw her laughing with Amy. I narrowed my eyes at her and folded my hands over my chest. Amy stopped laughing and gesture Bella to look towards me. When Bella turned, she had her big puppy eyes. She gave me a apologizing smile but I shook my head.

"You better explain yourself. Now" I said angrily.
"May...I'm so sorry for yesterday. I told you so-"
"You can't just abandon someone. Not like that. You didn't even had your lunch"
"I'm sorry Bella. I really am. But promise I'll make it up to you"
"Promise?"
"Yeah"
"Fine. Let's start now. Explain"
"Explain what?" She asked in confusion.
"Explain what is going on? What is wrong, Bella? You are tensed this days. And don't you dare to lie. I know because your my Friend. And I'm worried" I said moving towards her. Amy left the kitchen long time ago. So I held her by her wrist and make her sit on the counter chair.

"Tell me what's wrong?" I asked in a low, worried voice. She sighed heavily and was about to say something, when I cut her off, saying "Is it Sebastian?"

Her eyes widened up and she looked at me in shock. She blushed hard and stammered, "How...you..h-he... No no. I-I.. It no-not". She looked nervous.

I laughed out loud seeing her like this. She was shocked by my sudden reaction but looked embarrassed. She playfully hit my arm and scolded me, "Shut up Maisie".

"Oh god!! It's the first time I saw you so nervous. Jesus, girl. What happened to the bold sassy Bella?" I said, still giggling.
"Shut up. I'm still here stupid. No need to laugh"
"Ok sorry. Oofff...now tell me. It him, isn't it?"
"First of all, tell me how do you know about us?"
"Obviously he told me. We talked about you"
"He talked about me?"
"Yes he did. And he seems happy whenever he is talking about you. Though I don't know your full story, but I want to know it right now"

Bella sighed again. "Fine. Umm...so let's start from the beginning. Mmmm..... Sebastian and I were childhood friends. Best friends, actually. But due to some reason he left. He promised he'll come back soon but he didn't. I waited and waited and waited. Then I heard about him on TV. I saw him with different girls every different time. He was not the old Sebastian. He was not my Sebastian. So I tried to move on. I thought I forgot everything about him, until he showed up that day.

I tried my best to ignore that asshole. But that stubborn thing, always annoy me to my death. Yesterday also, it was him. I'm gonna kill him someday" she huffed the last part angrily.

I smiled at her, saying "He's not that bad you know"

"Hahh. Trust me, I know it better" she said sarcastically. I giggled at her reaction.

"Come on. Let's bake your stress away" I said, getting up. She jumped in happiness and starts doing her magic. I know baking always make her stress free.

After baking delicious brownies, we talked and laughed. We had our lunch together. I asked her about her shop and she told me that she was going to open it soon.

Bella stayed till Lucifer's arrival. I asked her to stay till dinner but she said she had plans. When she was about to go, Lucifer asked our driver to drop her home. After she went, Lucifer and I had our dinner.

He asked me about my day. We talked and soon drifted off to sleep.