Chapter 22

Maisie

After leaving the cemetery, we had dinner at a restaurant. I noticed Lucifer was all tense up all night. He was deep lost in his own thoughts. I tried to ask him but he only smiled a fake smile to brush it off.

After dinner, we walked around the city for some time then returned home. As we entered in our room, Lucifer straight went into the shower.

When he came out, I was placing the brooch in my jewellery box. He only wore a pair of white pants with a towel still around his neck. He was rubbing his hair dry when his phone rang. He went to the balcony and talked in the phone. I took a towel and went inside the washroom to freshen up.

After a long shower, I dressed myself in one of my husband's old shirt. I walked out of the washroom to find Lucifer sitting on the sofa, facing the balcony. His head was leaning back as if he was asleep. I slowly walked towards him without making any noise. Then I realized he wasn't asleep, he was only resting.

He seemed tired. There was a frown on his face, indicating his deep thoughts. I noticed his hairs were still wet. So I took one dry towel and went near him to dry up his hairs. He might catch a cold.

I rubbed his hairs gently from behind the sofa. He sighed and leaned more into my hands. I bent down and placed a kiss on his forehead to ease the frown. His eyes remained close but he grabbed my wrist and tugged me as I walked around the sofa until I was in front of him. With a final pull, he was successful in making me straddle him on the sofa.

He opened his eyes once I straddled him. His hands slowly went up and down my legs while I gently caress his face. I smiled at him when he leaned on my hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a low voice.
"No" he finally answered truthfully.
"What's bothering you?"
"Many things"
"Lucifer, talk to me. I promise you'll feel better"
"Ugh" he again sighed, "I just remembered mom. How after so many years, my father finally realized his fault. I know she always wanted his love but she also wanted to make him feel guilty for whatever he did. I thought I might never be successful in making him feel guilty and blame himself for everything, but today, I saw my wish come true.

And the worst part is, I don't feel satisfied. I am not feeling that feeling I should feel. Its strangely unsettling"

This time, I frowned. I asked "Why's that?"
"I think I'm no different from my father".

I got speechless. My eyes went saucer wide. I straighten up on his lap as I looked at him.
"What are you saying?" I asked timidly.
"Love, I have hurt you more than I can imagine. Even after I promised you, I forced you multiple times, hurting you every time. I've hurt you even when I love you so much. I just can't control my dark side and it get unleash whenever I felt like you being slipping away. I'm so sorry love. I know I'm a horrible hus-"

"Shhh. Don't finish that sentence. You aren't horrible. You are you. And I love you. I love you with all of my heart.

Well what has been done can't be changed but let's not think about it again. Everyone has their own dark side. No one is perfect.
But I'm gonna love you inside out. Please don't blame yourself for anything now. Let's forget the past and concentrate on our present and future with our little sunshine of hope" saying this I placed his hand above my stomach, where our little bundle of sunshine was developing.

Lucifer's eyes were filled with love, respect, adoration, proud and happiness. He closed the distance between us and captured my lips into a sensual toe curling kiss. I wrapped my hands around his head, bringing him close. I kissed him with same passion as his.

Suddenly he got up, making me wrap my legs around his waist. He lightly squeezed my bum and tighten his hold on me. He walked towards the bed and laid me back on the bed, still kissing me.

After some moments he released my lips leaving both of us panting for air.
"God!!! You are perfect" he mumbled as he again started kissing me down my neck. He kissed my jaw, collar bone, leaving his signature hickeys.

When he nuzzles close to my neck, I giggled because of his light stubble. He chuckled and rubbed his stubble more on my neck and jaw. My giggles turned into a gasp when I felt his hands under the shirt I was wearing. When I looked up at his face, his eyes were completely dark with love and lust. I know mine were reflecting the same, so I pulled him into another kiss. And soon we got lost in our passionate love.