Chapter 23

Maisie

*Time skip

It's Christmas Eve today. Bella, as usual, is busy in making delicious sweets. Anna and Ethan had also arrived and they are busy with the decorations. Lucifer and Sebastian are upstairs inside the study doing their work.

Me? Well I'm sitting on the sofa, sipping my favorite hot chocolate, watching and enjoying the show. Anna is shouting at Ethan because he is not following her orders. Whereas, Amy and Bella are happy in their own world of bakery.

At first I was about to decorate the Christmas tree by myself because I love to do it but Lucifer ordered me not to. He said, "Since to decorate the tree you have to climb a chair or tool, you aren't doing anything. Besides there are lot of maids who can do it. Plus if you are thinking about going to kitchen, then forget about it. The knifes are very dangerous so you aren't working inside the kitchen either. So you sit here and enjoy your hot chocolate" handing me the cup, he gave me a stern look which made me shut my mouth and gulped down the urge to argue. I pouted and sat down thinking he might change his mind. But that stubborn man, only kissed hard my pout and went upstairs.

'Stupid stubborn animal'

He literally forbid me from doing any work. So here I was. Sitting and sipping my hot chocolate.

Since I was 3 months pregnant, there was a visible bump present on my stomach. I caress it as I drink down my hot chocolate.

Suddenly Anna shouted and started chasing Ethan. Then Ethan came behind the sofa I was sitting and used me as a protective shield.

"What's the matter with you two?" I asked.
"This moron. Ugh...I hate him so much" Anna yelled at Ethan while Ethan was laughing his heart out.
"What did you do now?" I asked Ethan. He just smirked.
"Stop smirking idiot. He posted one photo of me in Instagram from my account. And I'm looking sooooo bad. Oh god. If Alex will see it, he's going to judge me and think I'm ugly. Ahhhhh Ethan! Why did you do that" she huffed and pouted falling back at the sofa near me.

"Let me see the pic" I asked Ethan. He gave me his phone while Anna glared daggers at him.

Now you might be thinking who's this Alex. Well he is the boss of the company where Anna is doing her university internship. He's one of the top bachelor of the city and let me tell you he's very handsome. Unlike other bachelor he's not a Playboy rather he is a quite and composed man - according to Anna - which made her fall head over heels for him.
And because of this, she's trying her best to woo him or something?
Now with Ethan's small stunt, she's quite upset.

"You aren't looking that bad honey" I said while looking at her pic. And I was realty telling the truth. The photo wasn't that bad. It was of her placing a ball light on the Christmas tree.
"Yeah right. Of course you'll say that to make feel happy. But look at my face. It looks like I'm solving a rocket science formula" she whined like a baby as Ethan started laughing again. I turned my head back when I heard Bella too. She was leaning for support on Ethan as she laughed out loud.

Indeed Anna was right. Her face was all frowned and seemed concentrated while she decorated the tree that it actually seemed like she's solving some tough numerical. But it's kind of cute. I giggled a bit but stopped when I saw her all upset again.

I went near her and side hugged her and said, "Hey don't be so sad now. The pic is not th-" I stopped when I noticed something. I quickly checked the comments below.

I gasped loudly and showed it to Anna. She was confused at first but once she read the comment, she rechecked it multiple times. Then she started jumping up and down like a young school girl.

Ethan and Bella kept looking at us like we were some mad people. When they gave me a confused look, I decided to break their confusion.

"It's Alex. He commented on her pic" I grinned while saying. They rushed near Anna and checked her phone.

The comment was 'Looking cute sweet cheeks' with a heart. He also liked the photo.

Now all three of them, Bella, Ethan and Anna, were celebrating this with a small victory dance.

'God I missed this moments'

After all laughs and dance, they bid farewell and went to their respective homes. I asked them to stay for dinner but they had other plans. But they promised they'll spent the whole Christmas day here.

After dinner I freshen up and came to sleep when I noticed Lucifer wasn't at room yet. I went outside the room to check him and found the study light still on.

I neared the door and was about to open it when I heard him yelling at someone. I flinch back slightly. I wasn't able to understand anything because he was speaking another language but he sounded very angry.

"I don't care. Just finish him already" I heard him mumbled at last. He hung up the phone and threw it towards the wall, destroying the whole thing. I gasped loudly at his behavior.

"Love" he sighed still facing the back to me. I pushed the door slightly and entered his study. I was worried about him.

"Why are you so angry? What's the matter?" I asked as I cupped his cheeks. He closed his eyes and pulled me into a hug. He never said anything.

Next thing I knew, I was lying on bed with his face on the crook of my neck. He left light kisses all over my neck and jaw.

"Its just work" he finally said. I nodded in understanding and nuzzle more close to him. He played with my hairs as I started slowly losing my consciousness.

"Merry Christmas love" was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep.