Chapter 14

Maisie

I was completely engrossed in my book, that I didn't noticed someone entering the room. I looked up when I heard someone clear her throat. It was Amy. I smiled at her and ask her to sit with me, putting down my book . She came and sat down beside me.

"Happy birthday sweetheart" she said while kissing my forehead.
"I think this is the 10th time you are wishing me" I said, giggling. She just smiled and hugged me.
"Ahh. Now come on get up. You have to get ready now"
"Huh? But why?"
"Don't be silly. Since it's your birthday, Lucifer obviously has something planned"
"Ohh"
"First, come downstairs. He is waiting for you to start lunch".

After having lunch, I made my way to the bedroom and saw a beautiful dress lying on the bed. It was simple but elegant. Perfect for a warm day. Amy asked me to get changed, so I hurried my way to the washroom and freshen up.

After dressing up, I was standing before the mirror admiring the dress, when a pair of hands wrapped itself around me. My husband pulled me closer to his chest and starts kissing my neck. He was dressed up in a grey suit, looking as handsome as ever.

"Dress is beautiful" I said softly.
"Not more than you" he said huskily, kissing my cheek which caused me blush hard. "But something is missing" he said. I look at him through the mirror, confused. All of a sudden, he pulled out a blue box from his suit jacket. I recognized the box instantly. Tiffany and Co.

When he opened the box, a loud gasp escaped my lips. It was a beautiful diamond necklace, with small flower shaped earrings. Again, simple but elegant.

"I

"I... I can't take it.... It's too much " I said worriedly.
"Nothing is too much. Even the whole world is not enough for you, wife" saying this, he helped me with the jewelry to wear it. Once I was fully ready, he said, "Perfect" with a small smile dancing on his face.

"Where are we going?" I asked Lucifer like a curious cat, once we were seated in the car. He only shook his head, smirking at me. When silence followed behind, I decided to ask him again, "Can you tell me how long it will take? I'm getting thirsty" I faked a cough and give him my best puppy face. But that stubborn being, denied to tell again and handed me a bottle of water.
"Be patient, love. Patient" he said while smirking.

'Stubborn'

I huffed and turned away from him to look outside. Just then only I noticed that we were going out of the main city. Now, it was more greenery outside. Sky was clear, free from the city noises, free from the busy people. I felt peaceful just looking outside. On the other hand, the scenery was also fueling my curiosity. But I decided not to ask Lucifer anything because I know he's not gonna tell me.

I sighed looking outside and relaxed myself, leaning back to the seat. After a moment, I felt Lucifer's hand grabbing my hand and bringing it up to his lips, to kiss it lightly. Like always, he hold my hand while driving with another hand. I smiled at him and maintained the comfortable silence.

By the time we reached, it started getting dark. Lucifer pulled over in front of a house. It was not as big as Lucifer's mansion but still big enough. It was simply wow. I love the place where the house was situated. It was more closer to the environment. There was a big garden in the front yard, with beautiful flowers and I instantly fell in love with those.

Lucifer took my hand and slowly made his way to the house. Lucifer already had the key, so he opened the door. Once the door was opened, I enter slowly, looking all around the house. If the outside view of the house was wow, then the interior was mind blowing. Everything was decorated tastefully. They were neither too much nor too less. Accurate taste was it.

"This place is so beautiful. It's amazing" I said, totally in love with the place. When he said nothing, I turned towards him. He was smiling at me, looking with those eyes again. He took few steps towards me and pulled me into a toe curling kiss.

"Let's go. I won't be able to stop myself if we don't go now" he said after leaving me panting from his kiss. He grabbed my wrist and lightly start tugging me towards a door. When it was opened, I realized it was a back door. I noticed a small pathway leading to another wooden door in the backyard. Lucifer tugged me by my waist and leads to that wooden door.

When we reached closer, Lucifer stepped aside and gestured me to open the door instead.

'Strange' I thought to myself.

I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open, when a loud voice came making me jump in shock.

"SURPRISE!!!"