Chapter 17

Maisie

After dropping me home, Lucifer went to office. I waved him bye and went inside. As soon as I entered, Amy engulfed me into a big motherly hug. I hugged her back as a laugh escaped me.
She asked me about the party and I told her everything.

"I missed you there" I said.
"Awww dear. I was needed here. But I promise I'll go next time"
I smiled brightly at her and again talked for some time. Suddenly, she got up, excusing herself out of the room. When she returned, she brought a shopping bag with her.

"Your birthday present darling. Sorry for being late. I hope you like it" she said, handing me the bag.
"Amy.... You didn't have-"
"Shhh now. Open it"

I eagerly checked out my present. It was a beautiful sundress. I thanked her and hugged her again. She then went to resume her work and I came upstairs to our room.

As I slept through out the ride back home, I wasn't feeling sleepy now. I was placing the dress at my wardrobe, when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Mrs Salvatore. I tensed instantly.

'God save me'

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I received the call and wished her.

"Good Afternoon, Mrs Salvatore"
"Is it true?"
"Huh? Wh-what?"
"Are you pregnant?"
"Yes. Yes I am"
"And why didn't you invite us into your birthday party?"

'Darn!!!'

"Oh.... Umm.. I.... Ahem. Actually it- "
"No need to justify now. It's not like we were going to come even after invitation. We are busy people and we definitely don't have time for some stupid backyard party"

'then why did you asked, duh?'

"Mrs Salvatore, I'm sorry for that. But I would really love to invite you and Mr Salvatore to our house for dinner tonight"
"We can't today. But don't worry, we'll be there tomorrow. Plus, I've many things to discuss with you" she said with a rough tone.
"I would love to have you for-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as she hung up the phone.

'She is a bad news. How would Lucifer react. Ohh God, please take care of everything. Don't let it mess up again'

I decided to tell Lucifer after work. He said something about important meeting, so I decided not to disturb him now. But the thought and idea of the dinner was disturbing me very much. There was this feeling, deep down there, that something is not right.

I was feeling very frustrated. So I went to our bed for a nap.

---------------------------------

It was nearly time for Lucifer's arrival. So I was preparing myself with my speech, sitting in front of the TV. As soon as Lucifer entered, Amy and other maids went home after biding me goodbye.

"Welcome home" I smiled at Lucifer and got up to take his suit coat from his hand. He kissed my lips and bend down a little to kiss my flat stomach.

"How are you?" he asked.
"Good. How was your day?"
He sighed heavily and sat down on the couch, pulling me too with him, "It was stressful".

I weakly smiled at him and quickly peck him, "Go freshen up. I'll serve us dinner".

He got up after sometime and went upstairs. Meanwhile I served two plates for us. After he came, we had our dinner in peaceful silence.

"You don't have to wait for me to have dinner, love. I might get late sometime" Lucifer said once we reached our room.
"But I want to. I love having dinner with you". He smirked and pulled me into a heated kiss. Slowly the kiss leads us to a heated love making.

When I was slowly drifting off to sleep, I remember something important. Without warning, I jumped up in sitting position. Lucifer became alert and was about to pull out a gun from the nightstand drawer, when I stopped him.

"What is it?" he asked worriedly. I shook my head and cleated my throat.
"Ahem..nothing. It's just, Mrs Salvatore called today" I said. Slowly I watched his expression was turned into anger and worry.
"What did she said?"
"Let's say, she was not happy because of not informing them about my pregnancy news and for not inviting her to my birthday party"
"Who cares about her" he scoffed and was about to lay back when I stopped him,  again.
"Well, I have to tell you something else too. Umm... Actually the thing is, I invited her tomorrow. To our house. For dinner" I said timidly, fidgeting my fingers, feeling nervous, fearing Lucifer's anger.

He was shocked at first but then frowned. He mumbled a 'fuck' under his breath and ran his hands through his hairs, messing it up more.

'He is sooooo sexy' my inner self said, drooling at him.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and concentrate on the current situation.

"You know it never ends up well, wife"
"I know. But let's give it a try again. Maybe it will work this time"
"It will not. I know that woman very well. She's planning something for sure"

My bad vibes returned back as soon as his words left from his mouth. I unconsciously placed a hand over my stomach and rubbed it slowly, looking down my lap. All negative thoughts began to cross my mind, increasing my anxiety.

Lucifer tilted my head up to look at his eyes. Mine were already glossy, I can feel it. He placed his hand over mine and said, "I'll never let anything happen to you and our little sunshine. I'll be always there, protecting you. No one will harm you two. I promise". Then he kissed me with all his love.

We laid back. I cuddled him and kissed his chest quickly, whispering,
"I love you".