Chapter 15

Maisie

"SURPRISE!!!"

I was startled by the loud sound. When I tried to see clearly, a bright light flooded my vision, completely blinding me. I covered my eyes and blinked numerous times. Slowly adjusting my sight, I removed my hand and looked around.

A loud gasp escaped my lips and I covered my mouth in shock. It was a surprise party. A backyard party. Beautiful paper Lanterns were hanging. Tables were placed. Fairy lights were lighten up. Everything was perfect.

"Happy Birthday love" Lucifer said from behind me, placing a kiss on my side head.

Then Bella came and hugged me tightly, screaming happy birthday. Slowly everybody came and wish me a happy birthday. It was not a very big party but it includes the people we were close to.

Mrs Bing, an elderly woman who is my husband's business partner, was wishing me when suddenly two figures came in front of me. My eyes widen up and my mouth was agape.

Ethan and Anna

"Happy Birthday princess" Ethan said while opening his arms for me. I went to him and hugged him very tightly.
"Hey now, don't forget me" Anna whined from behind. I laughed at her childish behavior and released Ethan to hug Anna. I hugged her as she whispered happy birthday. When I released her, I saw her eyes were shining with unshed tears as she smiled at me brightly. I was so overwhelmed by everything that few drops even escaped my eyes.

"Awww May. Don't ruin your makeup. Come come, it's time for cutting the cake" Bella said as she side hugged me.

Lucifer wrapped his arm around my waist and walked with me to the cake. I make a wish and blew the candles. Everybody starts singing the birthday song for me as I cut the cake. I took the first piece and gave it to Lucifer. I was grinning so widely that my cheeks were hurting.

After cake cutting, we played games, talked, click photos - as Sebastian was acting like a professional photographer, laughed, danced etc. At last we sat down and had our dinner. Our table includes me, Lucifer, Bella, Sebastian, Anna and Ethan. Others were sitting with their loved ones in their respective tables.

We were talking and laughing while eating the food. When the dessert arrived, Lucifer got up suddenly and cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention.

Lucifer then gave a heart melting speech on how much he love me and our future baby, announcing my pregnancy news. He even thanked everyone for joining us today. I saw some old women even wipe their tears. Everyone was watching us with a big smile on their face. Ending the speech, he kissed me on crown of my head and said, "I love you, my queen".

A loud thunder of claps was followed behind as Lucifer kissed me again showing all his love. I wasn't able to stop myself from smiling continuously.

"Awww" I heard everyone saying and I felt my cheek heat up as I blushed hard.
After our little moment, people came to congratulate me on my pregnancy and gave their best wishes.

After spending some time, people starts departing to their houses. I thanked them for coming and for the lovely presents. Lastly, it was only us remaining - me, Lucifer, Anna, Sebastian, Bella and Ethan.

They wanted to go but Lucifer stopped them and asked them to spend their night with us. I was more than happy, so I requested them. They agreed and soon we found ourselves laughing and talking again.

We were sitting in the living room of house because it was getting cold outside. I was sitting in between Lucifer's leg, leaning towards him. Bella was sitting beside Sebastian, who had his arm wrapped around her. Anna and Ethan were sitting together and she was resting her head on Ethan's shoulder.

Anna was sharing her 'new town' experience and let me tell you, it was hilarious. After Anna's amazing story, Sebastian starts his own. Everybody were having so much fun. Everything was perfect. No tension. No stress. No underworld. No new town. Nothing. It was time for ourselves. Away from the busy world.

I smiled looking at them and nuzzled into Lucifer's chest. He kissed me on top of my head and asked, "Sleepy?".
I smiled up at him and nod my head. It was nearly midnight. When Lucifer announced that we were heading to our room, everyone got up also and went to their respective rooms. Before leaving, I thanked them for a beautiful evening and bid them goodnight.

Once we entered our room, I quickly lock the door and played the song 'The night we met' by Lord Huron on my phone. I placed the phone on the night table and turned around to face Lucifer. He was leaning on the wall, hands crossed over his chest, watching me in amusement and confusion.

I smiled widely at him and tugged his arm, bringing him away from the wall.

"let's dance" I said. His eyes widen up in delight.
"I thought you were sleepy" he asked, arching his eyebrow.
"I am. But I want this day to last longer. I want to cherish every moment"

He smiled and placed his hands on my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck. We start moving slowly at the song.

'I love this song'

He was watching me with so much love, that I wasn't able to help it and quickly placed a kiss on his lips. His eyes widen up as I bite my lips from stop smiling.

"Thank you for everything. It was the best birthday I ever had. I love you" I said while smiling up at him. He froze for a moment. When he didn't reacted, my smile slowly start disappearing. But soon, I felt his lips on mine as he kissed me as if I was his only life line. I tried to return his kiss with same affection.

He placed his forehead on mine after releasing me from the kiss, leaving me panting.

"You deserve the best, wife. I love you" he said while caressing my cheeks. Then he knelt down before me and kissed my lower abdomen, whispering "Dada loves you too, sunshine. He'll protect you and momma. Now sleep sunshine, I love you".