Chapter 27

Maisie

When we returned home with Taysa, everybody were beaming with joy. The maids and servants prepared a small welcome party for the new member of our house. They brought gifts and blessed our baby girl with good wishes

After a splendid dinner, I went to our bedroom and fed Taysa. Soon she fell asleep. I placed her on her crib near my side of bed and lightly kissed her head. I picked some fresh pajamas and went to washroom.

We did prepared a beautiful room for our baby but I insist on keeping her with us, for now. I won't let her be on her own till she's a three or four months old. Sorry if I'm being weird but I can't help it. And watching horror movies don't help.
Thankfully, Lucifer agreed instantly to my wish.

When I returned back to our room, I saw Lucifer carefully watching his daughter with love filled eyes. He very lightly touched Taysa's hand with his finger, when she unclosed her hand around it. Lucifer froze thinking he might get her up but she was sleeping soundly. I leaned back to the doorframe and watch their moment silently.

He turned into my direction and slowly got up. He made his way to me and softly took me into his strong arms. We kissed with all our love pouring.

Releasing my lips, he kissed my forehead and whispered, "thank you" for the umpteenth time. I peck him lightly and hugged him tightly.

I was still very tired. The soreness of my muscles were disappearing but sleep and tiredness were crowding my mind.

Few days before Taysa's birth, I became sleep deprived. Doctor said it was normal but for me, it was not. I love to sleep very much but when my hormones started playing tricks with me, I became restless. I kept having this feeling that I haven't done something very important. But soon I remind myself, I haven't slept enough today.

So now, it was payback time. All sleepiness was returning but unfortunately I can't sleep. I kept my tired eyes open in case Taysa need me. What if she became hungry? What if her diaper need to be changed? What if-

"Sleep, beautiful. You are exhausted" Lucifer said lightly brushing my hair.
"What if she need me?" I asked him timidly, still hugging him tightly. He picked me up bridal style as I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"I'm here. She won't wake up now. And if she did, I'll get you up. Sleep for now" he said while placing me on the bed. He lightly kissed my head and pulled the covers over me.

It didn't take more than a minute for me to fall asleep. I snuggle close to Lucifer and drifted off to dreamless sleep.

Waking up the next morning, I checked on Taysa first. To my surprise, she wasn't on her crib. I panicked a little but slowly relaxed when I saw both father daughter on the balcony facing the garden.

I sighed and walked to them. Since it was June, morning sunshine was very refreshing. When I felt the warmth of sun on my skin, I smiled and stretched my limbs, feeling lot more better.

When Lucifer saw me, he lightly kissed my lips before handing me Taysa.
"Good morning" he greeted.
"Morning" I smiled and replied, cuddling Taysa close to me. I kissed her forehead and greeted her too. Lucifer came to me by behind and we stayed like that for sometime.

After a nice refreshing shower, I went to dining hall and had my breakfast with Lucifer. Amy watched Taysa while we finished our breakfast.

Lucifer was not agreeing to go to the office but I insist him to go. Bill, his assistant, said yesterday about some important meeting and I don't want him to miss that, so I convinced him to go to work.

He soon left but not before kissing his daughter's forehead and giving me a kiss to remember all day. After he left I fed Taysa and soon she fell asleep again.

I smiled looking at her sleeping face. She's a miracle. A magic of innocence. She had grey eyes and dark hairs like her father. Anyone can look at her and say she's Lucifer's princess. We named her Taysa because it means bond together. She's the sunshine of the house, who'll keep everyone bond together.

I slowly placed her on her crib, when suddenly my phone vibrate. I quickly picked it up and moved to balcony.

"Hello?"
"Maisie" it was my aunt. I froze.
"Au- aunt Jenna?"
"Yeah. Its me"
"So, how are you?" I tried to play it cool, even when my inner peace was slowly breaking.
"Fine"
"What makes you call today?"
"Can't I call you for no reason?"
"Hmm.... I guess no. Tell me, what is it?"
"I heard you are pregnant?" She sounded somewhat embarrassed.

'What world are you living in?'

"Actually I was. I gave birth to our healthy beautiful daughter" I said softly.
"Oh. So what's her name?"
"Its Taysa. Now can you please tell me what do you actually want?" I again said softly, not wanting to sound rude.
"Actually, I wanted some money. Talk with Lucifer and make him hand me some"
"And what makes you think I'll do this?" I frowned.
"Because I'm telling you"
"Please aunt Jenna, don't even think I'll do something like this. You've taken every single fortune my father left for me. Now I won't let you ruin my family again.
Now please, stop asking me to do something like this" saying this, I cut the line.

I sighed heavily as I hold on to the railing of the balcony.
"Something like what?" I heard Lucifer asking from behind me. I jumped slightly at surprise. I turned around to face him.
"Lucifer? I thought you went to office" I asked in confusion.
"The meeting got cancelled. So I returned back as soon as I can"
"But you h-"
"Don't start now Maisie. I won't leave my wife alone, who have just given birth to my princess. You are still weak. I'll be here. Now tell me what was she saying?"

I sighed at his stubbornness.
"How much did you heard?" I asked.
"Doesn't matter. Tell me from the beginning"

I narrated the whole conversation with aunt Jenna. Till the end, Lucifer was sharking with anger.
"Calm down. Its over. I refused her and she won't call us again"
"She don't have any right to make such demand. Who the hell she think she is?" He gritted his teeth in anger.
"I don't care about her anymore. The persons I loved the most are with me, in this room. I love you and Taysa with all my heart" saying this, I pulled him into a warm loving kiss.

He, within a second, wrapped his hands around my waist and slightly pulled me up of the ground.

"I love you both so much" he whispered in between the kiss. I smiled slightly and continued the kiss.