Tale 43

Tale 43
After Two Years

"Caritas, the goddess of selfless love and joy is the most beloved child of heaven, because of this she became arrogant and conceited. Her twin brother Eros, the god of love and pride, became jealous. One night, Eros tricked Caritas and thrown her to the world of the dead. The once arrogant goddess became helpless and was forced to walk the land of the dead to find her way back to the heaven. Ur, the goddess of the Underworld took pity on her. She offered her help, but it came with a price. Caritas must die and enter the cycle of reincarnation, that way, she can leave the world of the non-living and walk as a mortal on her next life. Caritas turned down her offer saying she will never exchange her life for freedom. Ur simple gave her a smile and vanished.
It took the goddess a thousand year to find her way out of the Underworld. When she opened the door of the Underworld, souls and spirits escaped and caused chaos to the world. Ainkel, the most powerful Earth Dragon known to be the watcher of all life, transformed all the escaping spirits into stones. Until this very day, the stones of the souls and spirits who once escaped from the underworld can be seen at the Phantom Sea of Flume in the Kingdom of Gorgona."
-The Fall of Caritas, translated by J. Vermilion

Isinara ni Arres Grey Lockser ang hawak nyang libro. Gods. Dragons. He knows that they still exists in this world. They are out there. Somewhere. Tumingin sya sa labas ng bintana at saka nagbuntong hininga. 

Madilim ang kalangitan at nagbabadyang bumuhos ang malakas na ulan subalit makikita ang mga mag-aaral ng Autum Magique University na masiglang naglalakad patungo sa kanilang mga klase. Kasisimula pa lamang ng bagong semestre ng paaralan one week ago.

"Mukang mayroong bagyo." Puna ni Circe habang inilalapag ang tray ng pagkain nya.

"Hmm." Tumango lamang si Roma na tila hindi interesado

"Oh come on! Why so gloomy Roma?" reklamo ni Circe na piniling saluhan sa pagkain si Roma dito sa cafeteria.

Ito ang ikatatlong taon nila sa paaralan. Marami na ang nagbago sa nakalipas na dalawang taon. Naging malapit sina Roma at Circe sa pagkawala nina Flay two years ago. Although Circe is quiet frank and straightforward, for some reason nagkakasundo sila ng tahimik na Amira ng Gorgonian Kingdom.

"Stop bugging the Princess." Narinig ni Circe ang boses ni Avril sa kanyang isipan at ilang segundo matapos yun ay sumulpot si Avril na may dala ring tray ng pagkain.

"Why are you here? Hindi ba dapat may klase ka??" tanong ni Circe kay Avril

"I'm hungry." Simpleng tugon ni Avril

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay ni Circe sa naging sagot ni Avril. This girl is really something else.

"Anyway, bakit ba kanina pang malungkot si Roma?" tanong ni Circe

Nag-angat ng tingin si Avril pero hindi sya nagsalita. Alam nya kung ano ang problema ni Roma. Pero wala syang maitutulong dito.