⌜ twenty four ⌟

donghyuck got inside the convenience store, not noticing that someone was following him

he raised his phone and placed it on his ears, waiting for the person he called to answer. after a few rings, he heard some shuffling on the other side.

i found him, what should i do?

a giggle can be heard from the phone ❝observe him more, let him live life to the fullest.❞ he paused for a few seconds and then went back to talking ❝he's been hiding for how many years now, it must be hard. don't you think he deserves to enjoy at least a little bit?

the person watched donghyuck staring at the clock inside the convenience store, looking like he's waiting for the hour to end.

the person sighed ❝and then what?

and then we'll destroy his life that he's been enjoying.

the call ended and the person placed his phone inside his pocket before looking back to see what donghyuck is doing.

a frown was shown from this person ❝i'm sorry donghyuck.

🏵

mark sat down on the sofa and watched his cousin that suddenly threw an envelope on the table. mark furrowed his brows, not knowing what the envelope was about.

mind explaining to me what your boyfriend really is?❞ taeyong raised a brow as he crossed his arms ❝and who he really is.

mark didn't dare to touch the envelope and just leaned back from the sofa ❝haechan is my boyfriend and also my classmate, what do you need to know?

haechan?❞ the made up name made taeyong scoff ❝so donghyuck is haechan now?

donghyuck is just a nickname.❞ mark just heard his inner self sigh in disappointment. he told jeno that donghyuck is that kid who stole his lion stuffed toy and now he told taeyong that donghyuck is just a nickname. he was digging his and donghyuck's grave.

why can't he just tell his bestfriend and most trusted cousin about donghyuck's state? maybe they can help.

no, he can't. it's because he wants that only he can help donghyuck. he doesn't want anyone to interfere because donghyuck is his, and only his. he thinks that he could help donghyuck alone, which is a bad idea. he's only a graduating student, what can he do?

read what's inside the envelope.

the guy shook his head as a no ❝i don't need to. i know who my boyfriend is and—

open the damn envelope mark lee.❞ the cousin was obviously mad right now.

because of that, mark slowly reached out for the envelope and opened it, pulling out a paper that looked like it's been photocopied. it was like a form, a contract. there was a picture of donghyuck but it seemed like it was taken when he was still young.

it wasn't the right time to coo at donghyuck's baby picture, even though it's really cute. mark read the contract from start to end, not missing any words and understanding everything that was there. he went nearer to the paper, making sure if the words he just read were right. his eyes then widened upon seeing two names listed bellow with a signature, meaning that they agreed to what was written on the form.

just then, mark badly want to punch donghyuck's father on the face. how dare he sell donghyuck, his own son? if donghyuck's father would be alive right now, he would've put him to jail directly. but then, donghyuck said that his dad went crazy after his mother left them so it's not entirely his fault. he couldn't blame it all to his father in law— no mark, now it's not the right time to think about you and donghyuck getting married and his family would be your in laws.

taeyong clicked his tongue ❝what a fucked up life your boyfriend has.

shut up.

mark, why don't you just break up with him?❞ taeyong bent down in front of mark to match his height and gave him a worried look ❝he's not good for you.

mark glared at taeyong, a little more and then he'll completely forget that this man right here is older than him ❝leave donghyuck alone, leave us alone.

i care for you mark, you are my cousin. i don't know what i will do if something bad will happen to you. donghyuck is going to a dangerous path, it's not safe—

what if i want walk with donghyuck to that dangerous path?❞ mark never broke the eye contact and taeyong could see that he was serious ❝what if i want to be with donghyuck and live a dangerous life with him?

mark—

hyung, i love him.❞ his voice softened ❝he may not be the perfect person, and i know he will never be, but in my eyes, he is perfect. he—

taeyong covered mark's eyes ❝you idiot, don't cry.

the guy sniffed, not minding taeyong's hands that was covering his eyes. he just let his tears go down, ❝i'm just so sad for him. he doesn't deserve all of this, what he deserves is love and care.

taeyong stared at mark who's tears were now wetting his hand but he didn't care. some were falling down to his cheeks and taeyong felt bad for actually trying to persuade mark to break up with donghyuck.

what he did not know is that they aren't even in a relationship. mark just introduced to donghyuck as a boyfriend to save him from everything that comes to them. at least he would have a reason to help him, he's his boyfriend.

and i'm going to give him that love and care he deserves.

taeyong sighed ❝what did donghyuck do that made him so important in your life?

the guy giggled, tears still falling down, ❝he stole my wallet.

taeyong was not shocked at that anymore. after a few background research about donghyuck, he found out that his father died and he has no one left but his boyfriend who also died a year after keeping their relationship a secret. donghyuck sure attracts rich people because his already dead boyfriend's family was also rich, even richer than mark's family to be exact. after that, where would donghyuck find money in order to live? that is by stealing.

it just so happens that donghyuck stole mark's wallet.

but he gave it back to me though.❞ mark pulled taeyong's hand down and wiped the wetness using his shirt ❝you know what else he stole but didn't return?

there's something else donghyuck stole from mark? taeyong shook his head as a no.

mark smiled ❝my fucking heart.

t b c