⌜ fifty five ⌟

what did you say?❞ jeno leaned forward, not knowing if what he heard was true or not.

the teacher laughed, ❝you took it yesterday. jaemin and renjun came here to take your test paper telling me that you are sick but you still want to take the test at the clinic.

jeno furrowed his brows and wanted to ask his teacher, "and you let them? you trust them?" but he should just accept this blessing. he wants to complain but he still has work to do later and then he still needs to look after donghyuck.

in the end, jeno took a bow as a thank you. he then went out of the office and saw the boys that was mentioned earlier. he gave both of them a look, crossing his arms. he looked like a father scolding his two stubborn and rebellious children. the two didn't look like they were scared though, they were smiling.

did you ace the test?❞ renjun questioned

jeno rolled his eyes, ❝i don't know, how about you guys answer that for me?

by that, jaemin stopped smiling. he knows that jeno wasn't happy at what he did. ❝jeno we're sorry, we just want to—

he was cut off by a tight hug from his neck. jeno was hugging the both of them tight. jaemin slowly regained his smile and hugged back followed by renjun. it was nice that jeno was accepting their help unlike other people who wants to be independent.

thank you.❞ jeno whispered, letting go from the hug.

no problem.

renjun handed jeno a book, ❝you left this at the library a while ago.

jaemin recognize that book and couldn't stop himself from smiling knowing what that book is. specifically, what's inside the book.

jeno gave the two of them one last hug, ❝thank you so much. i better get going then.

they nodded, ❝take care.

jeno slowly made his way out of the building, holding the book in just one hand. as he reached the ground floor an envelope fell from the book, making him stop from his tracks. jeno bent down to get the envelope with his brows furrowed and then saw renjun's and jaemin's name written on it with a note at the corner.

say hi to donghyuck for us. and jeno, we will not talk you even again if you don't accept this.❞ he read whut of curiosity, jeno opened the envelope only to see money. he clicked his tongue, ❝these two.

but then smiled. he appreciates it. he doesn't know if a thank is enough. they have done a lot for him already and he appreciates it. jeno started taking steps towards the gate with a smile. he was a lucky person to have the two of them as his friends.