⌜ fifty three ⌟

the door burst out open showing a sweaty jaemin with his hair all messed up, he looked stressed out.

jeno looked up and frowned at how miserable jaemin looked, not like he was any better. ❝jae—

is it true?

jeno sighed letting go of the sleeping boy's hand and standing up from his chair. he gave donghyuck one last look before leaving the room, pushing jaemin out as he knows he will shout or be loud when he finds out what happened.

he opened his mouth, ready to tell jaemin everything but instead he cried. he thought he would stop after a few seconds but he cried even harder. jaemin took a deep breath before embracing jeno into a tight hug, rubbing circles on his back hoping that this would at least calm him down.

jaemin.. i'm having a hard time.❞ jeno buried his head on the younger's neck, his arms hugging jaemin's waist.

jaemin didn't say anything. he just continued rubbing circles and patting jeno's back and waited for his cries to quiet down so that he could continue talking.

a lot has been happening.❞ jeno quietly said

jeno i'm always here for you.

jeno separated himself from the hug and looked at jaemin. ❝but mark is not.

that made jaemin froze from his place and stop breathing for a second. he only heard it from renjun who came to his house crying after reading an article about someone from their school caught dead at an old building. they blurred out the person's face but renjun guessed that it was mark and went to tell jaemin. jaemin immediately left, telling renjun that he'd be back. he went to visit all of the hospitals and this was his fourth one. he was about to leave after knowing that there's no mark lee on the list but a doctor saw him and explained to him what happened and that's how he knew jeno is here.

so it's true?❞ that's all he could say.

he shouldn't be crying. he should be strong and comfort jeno who is now a crying mess but he too was crying. he cried knowing that mark is gone without even giving him a sincere thank you for picking renjun up from their house. he cried after remembering their last meeting was at the school where they were having the time of their lives. he and renjun were enjoying not knowing that mark and the others were already in danger.

jeno nodded, ❝i don't know what to do.

jaemin leaned forward and was now the one resting his head on jeno's shoulder, quietly sobbing.

i don't know where to start. jaemin,❞ jeno sniffed. raised his hand to wipe of the tears from his eyes and while doing that he spoke, ❝my dad died, he was killed.