⌜ fifty one ⌟

not yet.

mark, wake up!❞ donghyuck was crying as he was following where the nurses were rolling the hospital stretcher.

white walls.

the sound of cries from people.

busy doctors.

nurses bringing their own clipboards.

donghyuck never expected for him to visit this place. for him to see mark lying down on the stretcher, unconscious.

he will live.

donghyuck hopes— he knows mark will live. he should live, mark promised not to leave him.

they were already at the point where visitors are not allowed to get inside. donghyuck was forced to stay behind but he didn't want to. he held onto one of the male nurses tightly. the nurse groaned at donghyuck's attitude and got annoyed. he pushed the boy, not caring if he pushed hard or not as long as he got the boy off him, and was the last one who got inside the operating room.

cold floor, that was what donghyuck was expecting but luckily someone caught him before he could feel the ground. donghyuck turned around and saw mark's cousin glaring at him.

taeyong wanted to be mad. he knows donghyuck is someone dangerous, he warned mark but what did he cousin do? he still loved donghyuck. he didn't know what to do and who to get mad. at donghyuck who's the reason why mark's life is at stake or at mark for being so stubborn and just continued to love donghyuck. but actually, there was no one to blame.

seeing donghyuck with swollen face made taeyong sigh as he took out his handkerchief, ❝don't cry.

taeyong—

where's my son?!❞ a woman came running with her worried husband following from behind.

her eyes went to donghyuck and honestly, donghyuck was expecting a slap. her son is inside the operating room having fifty percent chance of living and it's all because of him. if he was just looking around him then he would've notice yukhei's father still alive, he would have went out of the way bringing jeno with him so no one will get hurt. or he could have been the one being shot and not mark.

and truth to be told, the woman wanted to slap him. the police called her and her husband, telling them about their son's state, and after knowing the reason why mark is inside the operating room the first thing she wanted to do was give donghyuck a slap he deserved for putting her son in danger.

but she didn't do it because she knows that he, too, was hurt just like her.

tears then went down from donghyuck's eyes, ❝i'm sorry.