Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Hint: You're Not One of Them.

Anna

"You need to talk to him," Riley insists.

"No. I can't do that," I say, closing my locker.

"Sure you can. It's easy. You just need to walk over there, open your mouth and TALK," Sophie explains.

"I've got zero confidence. How am I supposed to do that?"

"Anna, just go talk to him. I'm sure it will go well," Colette tells me.

"Nope. I can't do it," I shake my head.

"Yes, you can. You just need a push," Riley says and pushes me, making me stumble forward and crash into Alexander's back. He turns around with a startled look on his face, before he notices it's me and he gives me his 100 watt smile. Oh lord.

"I'm so sorry. I tripped and that happened," I apologize in a rushed out tone, flailing my hands around. If there's an accurate description of how I look like, it would be a duck that just started learning how to swim.

"It's fine," He chuckles, "Anna, right?" I nod in response, unable to talk.

"How are you doing?" He questions. I open my mouth to talk, but nothing comes out. Speak, Anna. Speak!

"I'm..doing great. How are you doing?" I say, smiling.

Wow, that went better than I imagined.

"Pretty good, actually," he replies.

"Alex. You are coming?" Someone asks him and I find Luke waiting for him. He notices me and gives me a devilish smirk. I tilt my head to the side with confusion. Is he planning my death or something?

"Yeah," I turn my head back to Alexander as I hear his voice. "I'll talk to you later. Alright?"

"Sounds good," I reply.

"Cool. Bye," he smiles at me, and then he turns around and walks away.

"Bye," I whisper breathlessly.

"That went fabulous," Sophie grins, excitedly as the three of them approach me.

"Yeah. It would have gone even better, if you didn't PUSH ME!" I snap at the three of them, although Riley was the one who pushed me.

"I had to or else you would have stood there like a love struck puppy and you would have never had that fabulous conversation with Alexander," she points out and I have to admit, she kind of has a point.

"So, what do you want me to say exactly?"

"Thank you," Colette replies

"Thank you!" I throw my hands in the air.

"You're welcome," Riley smiles.

| | | |

*Ring*

"Lunch, finally!" Sophie and I shout, running out of the classroom. We run down the hallway, passing by Luke's group.

"Anna!" I hear a familiar voice call me and Sophie and I stop in our tracks. I sigh, not wanting to deal with him right now. Sophie shoots me a look and we both turn around.

"Seth," I say his name bitterly like it's poison on my tongue.

"Uh, how are you doing?" He scratched the back of his neck. Is he serious right now?

"Better than ever," I reply.

"That's great," he says. I'm expecting him to say 'goodbye' and leave, but he just stays in his place.