Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

You Can Make People Fart Rainbows.

Anna

"Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'm-a fight
Till we see the sunlight
Tick-"

Kesha blares from my alarm and I slam my hand on the snooze button to stop the music. I roll on my back and stare at the ceiling, enjoying the tingling warmth of the sunlight.

Suddenly, I realize something.

Today is the Astronomy presentation.

I push myself up and swing my legs off of the bed.

"Anna, are you up?" My mum shouts from downstairs, as I do my bed.

"Yeah!" I yell.

I head straight to the bathroom, before stripping and jumping in the shower. It takes me about fifteen minutes, then I get out and wrap a towel around my body.

I used to take thirty minutes in the shower because I spent twenty minutes singing and the other ten showering, but I read somewhere that singing in the shower can get you possessed.

The last thing I want is people asking how I died and they'll casually reply, 'Oh, she was singing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston in the shower and got possessed by a Whitney Houston hater.'

Although now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sure it was just a bunch of bluff.

Walking back to my bedroom, I shut the door behind me and grab my undergarments, a pair of high-waisted jeans and a crop top hoodie. I slip my clothes on, then I decide on leaving my hair to dry and not brush it. Although that will lead to a bunch of frizzy coiled curls.

My genes were pretty much mixed up that I ended up with natural curly hair from dad's side and straight hair from mum's side, so I get a mix of wavy hair sometimes. I don't know. It's messed up, but like, hey, I'm not complaining.

After putting my hair in a high ponytail, I put on my glasses, while putting my shoes on and grab my backpack. I walk out of the room and down the stairs, then I push through the door of the kitchen.

Josh, Cole, Cameron and Liam are sitting in front of the kitchen island, eating their breakfast, while mum makes, what looks like, beef bacon and eggs.

"Damn, another bad hair day?" Josh asks, smirking.

"Dang, another be-a-jerk day?" I shoot back, taking a seat beside Liam.

He glares at me and I stick my tongue out in response.

"Guys," mum says in a warning tone.

"Nice comeback, Lyn," Liam holds up his hand and I high five him.

"You're dead," Josh deadpans.

"Sade is here. I gotta go. Bye," Liam rambles, then he hops off of the stool before dashing outside, then I hear the door closing.

"Honey, just because Anna's comeback is good doesn't mean you threaten your brother," Mum sighs, sliding a plate full of food to me.

"Mum!" Josh exclaims, while Cole and Cameron snort and I grin at him, then I start eating my breakfast.

"This is sorcery," he mumbles, getting off of the chair. "Come on, dude," he tells Cole.