Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

Go And Spend Time With Your Future Boyfriend.

Anna

"Northern Hills Annual Fundraising Event."

"Cool banner. They should have lessened on the flowers though," Sophie suggests.

"I think that the flowers are cute," I admire the little petals scattered on the banner.

"Everything is cute to you, Anna," Riley points out.

"Spiders aren't cute," I differ. "They have eight legs and twenty eyes and they have those little mustache thingies that's considered a mouth. What's cute in that?"

"I agree," Colette raises her hand.

"Jayleen has a pet spider," Riley says. "It's called Blackie. I don't know what she was thinking when she went to the pet store and decided to buy a spider as a pet."

Jayleen is Riley's ten-year-old cousin and she's the cutest thing ever. When I first met her, I had no idea how is she related to Riley. Riley has those natural Latina looks, while Jayleen is pure Korean, but then I met her mother and I understood that she took all of her traits from her mum. They are currently staying in South Korea.

"How can a cute girl like her buy a disgusting creature like a spider?" I shudder.

"I don't know. I guess it was because Rose made her watch Charlotte's Web," she replies. Rose is Jayleen's mother by the way.

"Are we done talking about Jayleen's spider at the entrance of the carnival?" Sophie asks and Riley and I nod. "Good. Let's go."

The four of us walk inside and I look around in awe. The place is fascinating. Several booths are lined up together and the amazing smell of donuts, funnel cakes, toffee apples and candy floss floats in the air making my stomach grumble. I'm not getting out of here with money after this.

I watch as a little girl tries to toss the ring around the glass bottle and it lands around the spout, making her jump up and down in enthusiasm as one of the people from school hand her a huge fluffy panda. Children zoom around as their parents chase them, making sure they are okay.

Fun fairs always gave me that cheerful feeling in the pit of my stomach. I've went to lots of fun fairs and I loved each and every one and now that I'm actually apart of taking care of one and performing at it, it sets even more joy in me.

I notice an enormous Ferris wheel and I'm surprised by the fact that they arranged having one. I even notice a carousel and a haunted hayride with the big clown face on it. Now for a girl who absolutely adores horror movies, hayrides aren't my thing and that is because of my fear of clowns. Whenever I want to get something from McDonald's, I ask mum to get it from me because I know that their mascot clown will probably be inside walking around and that is not appealing to me.

The girls and I head to our booth, the place where Jewel told us we will be handling. We are supposed to handle a balloon pop game. If I wasn't working in this, I would be going around playing every game. That is not going to stop me though. I will make the most out of this fun fair by going on the Ferris wheel and maybe I can get on the hayride too, I will just have to drag one of the guys with me (the girls don't like hayrides either). Maybe I can drag Luke with me; that's if Jennie doesn't make it her goal to snatch him first.

We walk inside our booth, which is big enough to the fit the four of us. Girls and boys start approaching our booth as soon as they notice it opening and we are soon collecting money.