Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

I'm Dramatically Sexy.

Luke

"Carter! Thompson! Hills! Davis! Walker! Get up right now!" Coach Taylor's annoying voice shouts from outside the cabin.

"We'll be outside in a few!" Zach replies back groggily.

The two last beds are empty as usual. I don't know where the hell do these guys disappear to, but frankly nobody gives a shit.

Zach's face appears in my sight and he raises an eyebrow. "How much sleep did you get?"

"Three hours and a half," I sigh, rubbing the side of my face.

"Shit, man," he comments.

"You should consider taking sleeping pills, dude. You're really starting to look like crap," Alex tells me.

"No shit." I sit up and swing my legs off of the bed, standing up.

I grab some clothes and head straight for the bathroom. After I'm done with the usual morning routine, I walk outside and I find Sophie, Colette and Cherries sitting on my bed.

"How did you guys come here so fast?" I question, taking a seat on Alex's bed.

Cherries turns her head to me and smiles and I find myself smiling back at her. It's hard to see a smile like that and not smile back.

"We're early birds," she answers jokingly, the faint Australian accent audible in her voice.

"That's a lie," Sophie disagrees. "She was snoring her ass off until Coach Taylor came pounding on the door like the female ogre she is."

"Okay, that's true," Cherries admits, grinning and I chuckle at her.

"Luke, I truly thank you for blessing us with that view so early," Sophie says, nodding her head at my shirtless self. I look down at my bare chest, then I look back up and raise my eyebrow in question.

Colette sighs. "You have no filter."

"You have no filter," Sophie mocks her Scottish accent and Colette rolls her eyes at her.

I glance at Cherries for a moment and I see her lying down on her back on the bed with her head hanging off of the edge, her two braids dangling down while watching her two friends bicker. She notices me looking and grins. I raise an eyebrow and smile slightly. She holds one of her braids up and waves it in my direction. I laugh under my breath at her antics and she smiles.

God, she's so adorable.

"Anyways," Sophie's voice pops up. "We're going swimming!"

"Where exactly?" Alex asks.

"In the lake outside. The one with the waterfall," she replies, waving her hand. "They said it was fine."

"I'll get my flamingo floatie," Zach grins and I try my hardest to ignore his idiocy, but I just end up rolling my eyes at him.

Dumbass.

"You didn't get one," Alex frowns.

"He did. He has it in his suitcase deflated," I inform Alex. "Why the hell did you get a swimming float?"

"So I wouldn't drown, of course," Zach rolls his eyes at me as if I'm the stupid one here.

"You don't actually need it. The water is not that deep," Cherries laughs slightly.

"I'm still taking it with me," Zach shrugs and he walks over to his suitcase, opening it and getting out a few things before he walks inside the bathroom.