Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifty Seven

Sounds Like A Code Name For Sex.

Anna

"Oh, right, I need to tell you something. I need to tell you something," Noah keeps repeating the same sentence over and over in excitement. I'm currently facetiming him since it has been awhile since I last contacted him.

"Just tell me already!" I practically scream at him.

"Alright, alright," then he takes a deep breath. "I got in Sapienza!"

"No way!" I tell him with wide eyes.

"Hell yeah!" He exclaims. "The tuition fees were a bitch but I already paid them. Kinda took me awhile to get all of that money."

"I am proud of you, ugly," I say, placing my hand on my chest.

"Thanks, loser," he grins. "What about you?"

"I got in Melbourne," I reply, smiling.

"Holy damn, you're coming here!"

"Yes! It will be so amazing to go home again," I grin.

"Is Luke going with you?" He questions, pulling out a bag of crisps. No surprise there, Noah is always eating.

"He is. I'm so excited for him to see where I grew up," I smile widely.

"Aww. You guys are so adorable, it's sickening. Please stop talking," he grimaces and I roll my eyes at him. My phone starts ringing and I look at the caller ID to see it's Luke.

"Speak of the devil," I pick up the phone. "I will talk to you later, ugly."

"You're ugly," he mumbles, eating the crisps and disconnecting the call.

"Hey," I answer the phone.

"Hey, Cherries," Luke says in his usual happy voice whenever I call him, but this time is different. It seems like he's forcing the happy voice.

"What's up?"

"Can you come over? I need to tell you something," he asks.

"Yeah, sure. Give me five minutes," I answer, getting off of the bed and placing my laptop on the desk.

"Alright. See you. Bye," he says.

"Bye," I say in a sing-song voice, then I hang up.

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing one of Luke's shirts that I borrowed (not stole, I totally didn't steal. I just borrowed it...never to return it again. Totally not stealing) and a pair of shorts since I realized that Luke's clothes aren't oversized on me so I have to wear something underneath.

I decide to wear a pair of sweatpants instead of the shorts since I wasn't about to go in the streets for two seconds with exposed thighs. Pretty reasonable. After I finish putting on my pants, I grab my phone and go downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Cameron asks, walking out of the kitchen.

"To Luke's," I reply.

"Why?"

"He wants to talk about something."

"Sounds like a code name for sex," he comments.

"It's not a code for that. We just started dating. Nothing's going to happen now. We are just going to talk," I explain to him.

"I don't know, pretty sure it sounds like a code for sex," he insists.

"It's not a code for doing it. We just started dating for God's sake. I wouldn't even do anything," I tell him.