Chapter Twenty Eight

I Like That Flower Tattoo On Your Arm.

Anna

It's dark.

Not pitch black dark, just dark. Maybe night blue dark.

I feel like I'm flying or floating. Definitely floating. I feel as light as a feather. I look around trying to figure out where I am and it dawns upon me.

I'm in the water.

It's happening. Again.

I move my arms, trying to swim up, but it's like I'm stuck or frozen. I try once again, but I fail at swimming up.

I start squirming as I feel my lungs being squeezed. I kick my legs and paddle. Nothing happens. And all of a sudden, my body starts to sink.

The dark navy blue colour fades into sapphire then royal blue then midnight blue. I start running out of breath and a striking pain shoots in my head, like a bullet through the glass. My eyesight hazes and blurs out and black dots my vision. Loud ringing chimes in my ears.

All of the air gets knocked out of me and my eyes flutter close. Darkness surrounds my vision.

I shoot up, gasping for air and breathing heavily. My eyes start stinging and a lump grows in the bottom of my throat, nagging me. I look at my alarm clock.

Monday, 20th of January.
2:56 AM.

The bedroom door opens and my mum comes rushing in with a worried look on her face. I know she heard me screaming. And she knows that this happens to me every time that day comes nearer.

"Anna," she wraps her arms around me, sitting down on my bed.

I start hyperventilating, breathing heavily and trying to catch on gasps of air until I feel my breathing evening out and I slowly breath normally again.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay," she cooes.

"Mum?" A groggy voice calls and I look up to find Liam standing by the door, rubbing his eyes.

Liam's eyes widen, "What happened?"

"Nightmare," mum replies.

"It's happening again, right?" He asks and I nod.

Liam walks to the other side of my bed and he hugs me tightly.

"Don't worry, Anna. You'll be okay," he assures me.

"Thanks, Lee," I smile at him tiredly.

Mum and Liam stay with me for awhile. I tell them to go sleep because mum has work the next day and Liam has school. Mum gives me some sleeping pills; to help me with the nightmares and everything. I pop two inside my mouth and swallow them dry, then I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling until the pills do their thing.

I have to deal with this for the next five days and there's no doubt, I'll start having panic attacks in public too. And I'll have to go with the she-didn't-eat-anything-from-the-morning lie that the girls come up with every year. Then there's Luke and the guys-

Oh, my Lord. What am I going to do with Luke?

What if he already knows? What if he already suspected it? With the bracelet and the fact that he saw my sister before, it would be so obvious for him.

But what if he doesn't even remember her? After Anastasia passed away, almost everybody forgot about her.

Finally feeling the pills kicking in, I turn on my side and stare out of the window as my eyelids start growing heavy.