Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I'm A Bratty Female Poodle.

Anna

"Hey, Anna," Abby greets me, as soon as she approaches me.

I turn around from my locker and smile, "Hey, Abby. How are you doing?"

"Fine," she nods her head eagerly. "I'm sorry; I didn't sit with you the last entire week. It's just that-"

"Hey, Abbs," a girl with blonde hair just like Abby's, only more platinum says and she gives her a quick hug.

"Hey, Zoey," she greets her back. "Zoey, this is my cousin, Anna. Anna, this is my new friend, Zoey."

"Nice to meet you," she says, smiling.

"Nice to meet you too," I reply.

"You are coming to class?" Zoey asks Abby.

"Duh, you idiot," she answers and we chuckle, "Just give me a minute, I need to talk to Anna."

"Okay," she says. "Bye, Anna," she waves at me and I wave back, then she walks away.

"So, you have a new friend, that's why," I say, referring to her earlier statement.

"Yeah and she actually doesn't want to befriend me for my popularity," she says.

"I'm glad," I step forward and wrap my arms around her, hugging her and she hugs me back.

She pulls away, "Well, I have to go. See you later, Katara," I grin at the nickname and the fact that we will always be obsessed with Avatar: the Last Airbender.

"See you later, Azula," I chuckle.

| | | |

"Do you think my boobs are too small?" The girl sitting on the table behind me whisper-asks her friend.

Some people just don't appreciate libraries.

I turn around, "Hey," I smile at her. "I'm sorry, but this is a library, not a Victoria's Secret store. Can you please discuss your boob issues somewhere else? Thank you." I try so hard to sound nice.

She scoffs and gets up, gathering her things. Her friend rolls her eyes at me and grabs her bag.

"Bitch," the girl mutters, as she heads to the exit.

"Yeah, I'm a bratty female poodle," I say, a bit loudly, so she could hear me.

Linda, the school librarian hushes me and I give her an apologetic look. "Sorry, Linda," I say in a low voice and she shakes her head with a smile.

"Gotta admit, that was quite impressive," I hear a voice with an Italian accent say and I turn my head towards the direction of his voice.

He leans against the wooden bookcase, crossing his arms against his chest. He has a beanie on his head, covering most of his hair, except a few black strands had escaped out.

"When did you get here?" I look around, trying to figure out if there's an invisible door.

"Ten minutes ago," he replies, taking the seat across from me.

"I see," I return back to reading the book in my hands. "What do you want, Carter?"

"I need your help with Friday's history test," he answers.

"You mean tomorrow's test?"

"Tomorrow's Friday?" He asks in confusion, "Man, time passes fast," he pauses. "So, you're gonna help me?"