Chapter Twenty Five - Okay? Okay.

Harry.

When I woke in the middle of the night with the feeling of something wrong, I ignored it, rolled over and went back to sleep. I didn't think much of it, Niall was probably drunk and passed out in the garden.

I'd forgotten all about even battering an eyelid in the early hours until Paul slammed something down in front of me that morning at breakfast. I wasn't an avid reader of the paper, especially not the local one written by stuck up pensioners who believed we should still live like the 50's.

I rolled my eyes at the spread sheet laid out in front of me, not taking the least bit of interest in it until Louis grabbed it from behind.

"Oi oi," he hollered. "This is what happens when you don't want our help." He mumbled whilst biting down on an apple, the juice spraying the back of my head. I shoved my spoon in my mouth, clenching it with my teeth and ripped the paper back from his hands. The spoon clattered against the table as my mouth gaped open. My eyes darted across the page from the words to the pictures. Everything was over exaggerated, it always was in the tabloids.

'19 year old girl on bail for attempted murder.' The headline screamed at the top of the page. I sighed heavily looking at the picture, there was no doubt about it, it was Lennon. Handcuffed and being pushed into the back of a police car in the middle of the night.

'The unnamed suspect was caught pouring a potentially life threatening liquid into the science department kettle at the East side university. The groundskeeper commented he saw the young woman enter the building through a hidden side door, he then explained seeing a bright flame from one of the schools burners in the lab. He called the police immediately and she was arrested for trespassing at the time. After investigations took place the liquid was found to be extremely hazardous and life threatening. Police are now treating it as an attempted murder trial.'

"What I don't understand," Louis half mumbled again. "If it's a murder trial, why did they release her on bail?"

"If she's never been charged with a crime before, then they can," Zayn interjected.

"You know the papers, they always make everything ten times more dramatic than it always is. She was probably just charged with trespassing for now."

"Who bailed her out?" Liam asked thoughtfully.

"Says 'ere," Louis once again snatched the paper, "Her brother and boyfriend paid a hefty ten grand for her bail."

"Boyfriend?" I spat out. "Now they really are trying to piss me off.

"She doesn't have a brother does she?" Niall mused.

"No you idiot, it was just a cover up so those twats could take her before we could."

"So we're back at square one again, she's probably hidden away again and we're completely clueless."

"Thanks for your optimism Louis, it's really helping." I replied sardonically.

"I'm just saying, if she came here for help this wouldn't have happened."

"You don't know that. She thought she was doing the best for herself, for everyone by staying away."

"What?" He chuffed.

"I'm just trying to see it from her perspective, whatever that might be. She clearly thinks she's dangerous and doesn't want to hurt us."

"Her underestimating us is quite insulting." Louis had to once again butt in.

"It's not just physical Lou, she doesn't want to hurt anyone emotionally because of the way she's feeling. Or rather not feeling should I say." Zayn replied. I knew his statement was more aimed at me in general but I took no offence, it was true anyway. They could cope without her friendship, they didn't love her like I did.