Chapter Thirty Four - I'm A Mess.

Harry.

She screamed my name to the point it was deafening, her voice sounded strained and painful. My breathing was so loud and quick I could barely hear anything. My teeth were clamped shut as my hands pulled at my hair. My teeth snapped together shredding at the enamel. 

I didn't even know what I was supposed to think, my mind and thoughts were a jumbled mess. My anger had taken over and taking a deep breath wasn’t going to solve everything this time. 

I turned to look at her crumbling body as she slid down the wall towards the floor. “Why are you screaming at me?” She screeched as fast flowing tears slid down her heated cheeks. My mouth was running words without my brain registering what I was saying. She cried into her hand, whimpering loudly. 

“Just tell me what is going on?” I seethed, stepping over the bits of plastic spread across the bathroom tiles. 

“I’m gonna be sick.” She lurched towards the toilet, barely making it in time. I stood watching her, my anger told me to watch like a spectator but my real emotions fought for control. I knelt down next to her, placing my hand gently on her back. She jumped at my touch as she looked at me, spit hanging from her mouth. She wiped it on the back of her hand before crashing down next to the wall.

“Why are you so angry?” She whispered as her eyes struggled to stay open. We had an audience at the door, watching our every move with precision. Zayn was guarding the door, stretching his limbs out so no one could enter. His eyes were focused on Lennon, he looked so protective over her I couldn’t help but feel jealous. 

“Out,” I barked. Lennon jumped and opened her eyes enough to register what was going on. Zayn’s mouth opened to argue back but I scowled at him. “Close the door behind you.” I whispered harshly. 

I turned to face Lennon, relaxing slightly when I heard the click of the door close. I listened for tedious seconds to the sound of footsteps disappearing from the door. I sat in front of her, legs crossed once I heard the bedroom close faintly through the walls. 

“What did I do?” She whimpered looking through her sad, tired eyes. I ran my hands over my face, pinching the bridge of my nose and breathing out heavily. “Are you disappointed?” She asked so quietly I was almost sure she hadn’t said it. “I’m sorry.”

“What is going on?” I asked in disbelief. She looked lost as more tears ran down her face. “The second I walked back into the house ‘congratulations’ was being shouted in my face left right and centre.”

“I-I..,” She stuttered. “I don’t know.”

“After Niall tells me I’m going to be a dad I find Perrie and Eleanor stood outside of the bathroom door, excitement written clear as day all over their faces.”

“I can’t believe you would trust anything Niall says.” She spat back, pissed off evidently. 

“The others were saying it too.” I argued.

“No one but you or me have seen the test, and now no one else will. Not like it matters anyway.”

“Did you think you were?” I questioned sceptically. She looked at me and shrugged. “Did you want to be?” She looked down at her feet, twiddling her thumbs in her lap.

“Honestly?” I nodded in reply. “No.” 

My body relaxed again and I grabbed her hands with mine. “Glad we’re on the same page.”

“Do you ever want kids?” Her voice wobbled, her hands were still trembling in mine.

“When the time is right, yeah, probably.” I answered honestly.