Chapter Twenty Nine - Suck My Kiss.

Lennon.

I kept my eyes closed as I shuffled around on the mattress. My body had grown tired of the position it had been stuck in for hours. My head slipped off Harry’s chest and missed the pillow, landing on something poking out from under the head rest. I sat up ever so slightly and pulled the book out that had been hidden between the sheets. 

“What are you doing?” Harry mumbled in a sleepy voice, his eyes were still closed and his hair was completely ruffled. His lips were parted, they looked too inviting resist. Without even contemplating, I pressed my lips firmly but briefly against his. He groaned again, trapping my body against his with his strong grasp. I tried to move away but he wasn’t having anything of it. “Mm mm, no.” He muttered against my lips. I couldn’t help but laugh and he reluctantly let me fall back against the mattress. “I haven’t woken up with you by my side for weeks and that’s all I get?” Was the first thing he said when he peeked open his eyes. 

“I have morning breath,” I cringed, scrunching my nose up, which he saw as an invitation to poke it.

“So do I,” he argued back. 

I rolled my eyes playfully, smirking up at him as I rested my head against his chest again. “Exactly.”

“Women.” He tutted.

“Men.” I responded, tutting twice as loud as he did. He sighed, releasing a breath of warm air against my skin, sending tingles up my spine. 

“What were you doing by the way?” He asked, referring to my previous reshuffling around on the bed.

“Why is my book in bed with us?” I replied, holding it up to his eye level, waving it around in front of his face.

“This thing is so tattered. It looks like a dogs eaten it, spat it back out and then repeated that twice.”

“Heeeey,” I hit his stomach as he insulted one of my favourite possessions I actually owned. “That still doesn’t explain why it was trying to third wheel our morning cuddles.”

“You’re so weird.” He chuckled to himself. “But I wouldn’t have it any other way.” I sensed he was trying to worm around the situation.

“Harry-“

“Lennon-“ He cut me off in an immature manner.

“If you don’t tell me I’ll twist your nipple.”

“Kinky.” He smirked, winking at the same time.

“It won’t be kinky when I do it.” I replied, face as straight as the A1 motorway.

“It’s the only book I’ve seen you read several times and every time you read it your face is literally glued to the pages. And I know you never really spoke about it but I know it means a lot to you, you treasure it more than your phone, which says a lot.” 

“Excuse me, I don’t use my phone that much.” 

“You once played on one of those stupid apps for five hours straight!” 

“It was an important game!” I argued back playfully. “I had fans and everything.”

“Anyway… It was sort of a long shot but I read it, to see if I could feel connected to you again. I felt so distant from you I was willing to try anything. And as much as I loved it, you still felt miles away even when you were standing in the same room.”

“You really liked it?” 

“I mean, it’s not a book I’d jump at reading again but it was eye opening. And the ending though, what the fuck was that about?”