Chapter Thirty Nine - Harry Almighty.

Second time writing this because i'm a bloody idiot, who doesn't save their work as they're going?! me, that's who. sorry. 

Lennon.

In contrast to two weeks beforehand, Harry’s hand was clutched so tightly in mine I thought my fingers would no doubt turn purple at any second. His knee was bouncing up and down and I could feel his clammy palm against mine. To think he’s one of the most feared men in London because of his status’ amongst the gangs, it was a perplexing sight to see him so nervous. He’d most likely deny any sign of nerves, he’d blame the sweat on the heat in the room - which it was actually lacking, and his bouncing legs on a cramp in his muscles. 

It was a lot to take in, in one sitting. I could see why the doctor wanted to explain it properly once everything had calmed down and Harry didn’t look as if he wanted to rip the doctors head off. It had only been two weeks and I don’t think any amount of time wasn’t going to be enough to let the news that we couldn’t have children sink in. 

It wasn’t relief that I felt when I found out the reason for the severe cramps and other symptoms, it was more of a dull satisfaction feeling. There was no relief other than the fact I wasn't dying. The doctor asked me whether anyone else in my family had ever suffered from endometriosis and I sat quietly for a moment or two. I could feel Harry’s piercing stare on the side of my face waiting for me to speak.

I opened my mouth but paused again briefly, “I don’t know, I wouldn’t be able to tell you that.” I replied honestly. The doctor stopped his scribbling on paper to properly look at me.

“If it’s a confidential thing between your family I understand but it really would help-“

“She doesn’t know.” Harry cut him off abruptly. The doctor was weary around Harry in the first place, his tense behaviour wasn’t exactly warming up the room.

“He means I don’t know any of my family other than my mum and she never mentioned anything of the sort.” I admitted almost feeling guilty for the fact I didn’t actually know of anyone outside of my immediate family. I had never asked, assuming my mum never mentioned them I presumed there was a good reason. I now thought that reason was because of my dad, they most likely feared or hated him much like everyone else. They weren’t interested in finding me and I had little to no interest in hearing about them. The people I had around me now were enough. 

The doctor went on to explain how sometimes it was hereditary and then onto treatments for the future. Harry’s eyes lit up at the prospect of using different treatments to help with fertility. Nothing was a given and nothing guaranteed an off spring but there was hope. We weren’t anywhere near ready to have a mini Harry or Lennon but little can be said for the future.

I’d never been on medication before so being given a prescription which I would be taking for the rest of my life was a little shock to the system. Just an hour after being given the prescription I was handing the paper to a pharmacist. The pharmacy happened to be in the middle of a supermarket which meant keeping Harry amused for the time it would take them to sort out my medication wouldn’t be too hard. The medication was mainly a mix of pain killers, there was no cure for the condition.

“Harry?” I asked as we browsed the aisles, he was staring hard at a box of cake mix he had in one hand and a cookie mix in the other. 

“Mm?” He replied without facing me.

“What’s gonna happen to your flat when we move?” His arms dropped at my statement and he looked at me with a cheeky grin on his face. I crossed my arms against my chest, confused by his change in demeanour.