Chapter Twenty Seven - The Mighty Fall.

Lennon.

"Hit me."

"I'm not gonna hit you."

"Lennon, hit me."

"Harry, no." I retaliated in the same manner. Zayn was watching the interaction between us with amusement written across his face.  

Harry refused to move from his position, his body pressed in between my legs which were dangling off the medical table. I had wires hooked up to my temples, spine, collar bones and across my chest - under my shirt. The only attempt at a solution Zayn could conjure up was reversing what they did, by doing the same thing. He did warn me he wasn't completely clued up on what to do. He researched it, on the internet, in books and even spoke to several medical professions - not like he gave them a choice however. But no one had a cure, it wasn't exactly something which had been done before apparently. 

"Please just hit me," Harry whined. "Raise your left hand and just.." He continued speaking, mimicking his words with playful actions. I drew out a long breath and raised my fist.

"If I hurt you, don't hold me accountable."

"You won't hurt m-" he didn't finish the sentence because I accidentally winded him.

"Shit! Are you okay?"

"Fine," he managed to reply through a series of staggered breaths. His hand clutching firmly on his stomach where my fist had made contact.

"It didn't work." I spoke quietly. Harry's sorrowful eyes met mine, pleading me to hit him again but I refused. Hurting him emotionally was enough, I didn't need to physically hurt him too.

"Try again." Harry demanded harshly. I sat straight up right, rubbing over my guilty knuckles.

"No Harry, it's not working and I'm not just going to keep hitting you."

"Zayn, turn it up." 

"Harry, it's not safe to keep sending impulses through her brain, something could happen..." He trailed off, but it was clear what he was indicating. Too much could easily kill someone in one shock. I started pulling the wires off my body, but Harry's hand slapped over mine and stopped me.

"No, try again!"

"Harry it's not working!" I shouted back at him in the same tone, reiterating my statement.

"You're not trying hard enough!"

"I'm trying my best, I can't do anymore!"

"Don't turn it off Zayn!" He yelled at the startled man. Zayn blinked several times but his hands didn't move towards the button. 

"Haz we'll try again tomorrow." Zayn tried to contemplate.

"And then what? Fail again and keep waiting and waiting!" Harry was pacing back and forth, running his hands through his hair and down his sweat coated face. 

Harry's theory seemed to be, if my left hook became atrocious again - I'd be fixed. But that didn't change, I could still take out a six foot man with one hit and my emotions were still non existent. 

"I'm not hurting her." Zayn snapped, he aggressively pulled the cable attached to the laptop out of the side of the device, picked it up and left, slamming the door behind him. 

"Why won't you just try for me?" Harry was facing the window, only looking around when he waited for my reply. 

"I am trying, believe me! I don't know what you want me to do!"