11. Absolute happiness

-Kin! Kin get up!-

-You and your boyfriend left a mess here.-

-I'm not cleaning that up!-

-Get up, It's 11 am, you have work today.-

That was a series of yells I recognized in my slumber, coming from the living room. But I was too well aware of whose arms were wrapped around me and whose breath was on my neck to get up. 

My body was so comfortable, that it was refusing to wake up at all.

-Do you hear me!? Kin!?-

-Where is he anyways? Did he go home last night in that blizzard?-

The last words sounded awfully close.

-I'm coming in Kin. Hide your boyfriend in the closet!-

And before I could open my eyes, I heard the doors open.

-What are you d...? Oh, I, um..-*giggles*-Right, sorry for the intrusion.- I heard the doors close, and then a bunch of noise, all along the lines of "Oh My God" 

I felt his arms moving, separating himself from me, leaving me in the cold.

As I turned around rubbing my eyes I was met with the sight of a shirtless Yuzuru, laying on his stomach, hiding his head under the pillow.

-Why did you take your shirt off, you weirdo?- I asked with a smile. My voice was deeper than usual, and my speech slow from sleep.

-I had to. That jumper is too rough on my skin.- He mumbled against the mattress.

Looking at him, laying next to me,under the shy morning sun, brought comfort, that I haven't felt in a long time. I don't remember the last time I felt like this. I felt at home, like this is where I belonged, this is where I was born, and where I was meant to stay.

Observing his soft skin, I noticed scars on his arm. 

My hand rose, and my fingers gently caressed one alike on his elbow. They continued to explore the skin on his arm, shoulder, back... Mindlessly they went across his warm body, following the outlines of his scars.

After a while of silence his head emerged from under the pillow, and he laid his smiling eyes on mine, then he looked at my hand which was now back on his elbow and back at me. There was a pleased smile on his lips as he relaxed his head on the pillow, closing his eyes once again.

-That one's old.-

-Do you know all your scars?-

-Not all, just the memorable once.-

-How did you get it.-

-I got it from ice. all my scars are from the ice.-

I thought about that, and about what he said last week. How he either liked or disliked things. It was easy for him to know.

-Do you like the ice.-

-It's my life.-

-Do you like your life.-

-Yes. I feel absolute happiness.-

That scared me, and my hand left his warm skin. How can he be so sure? How can he know what happiness is? He's only 23, how can he know? How can he not question it?

I was met with his gaze once again. This time it was filled with concern. He was very discerning, he immediately noticed something was off.

-What's wrong?- Escaped his lips, his arm reaching for me, as I was getting up.

-Nothing. I'm gonna go take a shower.-

He sat up and watched me pick out clothes. I felt his warm eyes on my back as I exited the  room.

Sat at the table was Mila, looking at me with wide eyes. 

-Shut up- I mouthed, before she could say anything. 

.............

I let the cold water hit my skin, the ice shower washing all the warmth of the previous night from my body.

Refreshed I entered the kitchen, only to find Yuzuru, and Mila, cracking up while making french toast. I stared at them, Yuzuru holding his stomach, laughing, and Mila crying.

-Oh Kin!- Mila was the first to notice me. -Your friend here is hilarious, absolutely hilarious.-

-She is crazy!- added Yuzu, pointing at her. 

-Who you calling crazy?- 

He ducked down, to avoid the potential spray of water. 

I smiled at the sight of the two of them getting along. Yuzuru's crazy bed hair also caught my attention, but I said nothing.

-Do you want milk?- asked Yuzuru, holding the milk.

-Why are you offering me my milk, in my house?-

-Why not?-

We stared at each other for a moment.

-Fine. Pour me some.-

.....

We were enjoying sweet French toast, when Yuzuru almost choked to death after Mila's question emerged.

-So are you two dating?-

I quickly responded with a cold "No", but I seriously thought he was about to die. 

-I'm fine.-

-I'm alright.-

-It's nothing.-

-Thank you.-

He kept repeating, placing a hand on his chest in a feminine manner, pulling himself together.

"God that's cute" I thought, calmly eating my breakfast.

.....

He left after breakfast. 

While we were waiting for the elevator in silence, I knew something wasn't right.

I felt there was a distance between us, tension, and I knew I created it this morning. But I couldn't help myself. 

He wasn't looking at me, but it seemed like he wanted to say something.

The elevator arrived.

*Silence*

-Look, Kin-chan...- He opened his mouth to say.

-It's fine, Yuzu-kun, I'm not mad at you.-

-I didn't mean to hurt you...- He said with sadness in his voice. 

It seemed I was the one who hurt him.

-You didn't hurt me, you couldn't.- I remembered the way I felt this morning, next to him.

-Just...Just tell me if I do... I... I tend to think more about myself sometimes.- 

How could this sweet creature think he was selfish. I smiled. -I will. I promise.-

Returning the smile, he said - I'll hold you to that.-