24. I'll teach you

-Where are your glasses?- I asked him, as we were exiting the plane.

-Oh, right.- He realized they weren't on his face, and looked in his pockets. He pulled them out, pleased that he found them, and put them on his face. 

-You're so cute.- I responded to his random goofiness.

He smiled at me, placing a kiss on my head, as we made our way to the luggage claim. 

While Yuzuru was looking for his 10 suitcases, it seemed like he had that many, I noticed people, reporters, cameras, noise. I was nervous to say the least. 

One of the PA people came up to us; Yuzuru, Brian and everyone were listening.

She told us the plan: where the van was waiting for us, what exit we were heading for, how we were going to deal with the forming crowd; Yuzuru was carefully listening, my nervousness was growing.  

There was even security waiting to escort us.

Once we collected everything, end were about to leave, I asked if I should walk behind them, to avoid problems. 

Yuzuru looked at me with confusion spread across his face, like he didn't understand the purpose of my proposal.

-Don't look at me like that! I don't want to get you in trouble with the media.- I whispered in frustration.

-They're gonna find out one way or another, this is the easiest way to tell them.- He explained while intertwining our fingers, and pulling me towards the exit.

I could see the shocked looks on everyone's faces, cameras furiously working.

-Wanna hear the worlds longest joke?- He asked, while looking at the crowed, and bowing every so often, grating everyone.

-Sure.- I answered a bit distracted by everything.

-Chinese traffic.-

I looked at him.

He looked at me.

That was the stupidest joke yet. Naturally we were completely destroyed, laughing so hard, we were barely able to breath.

Before I knew it, we were outside making our way towards the gray van. 

-I'm going to look ridiculous in those pictures now.-I blamed him jokingly.

-Well I always do. I can't let you look better than me.- He said, acting like a little princess that he was.

Yuzu then pulled Brian into the joke, making fun of him. Brian seemed to enjoy that, deciding to make fun of Yuzu in return.

..............

At the hotel we met up with Yuzu's mom, who was my savior for the day. 

We weren't here for a vacation, and Yuzu had many things to do, which I couldn't be a part of and instead of me just sitting alone in the hotel, or waiting behind the curtains, as Yuzuru suggested, his mom shook her head no, and took me out for dinner. 

I was a bit nervous, not because I was scared of her, or because I was insecure, cause I definitely wasn't, but because of my Japanese that was never proper, it was almost childish.

So I was worried, but that was soon all gone, when I realized that Yuzuru was basically his mom.

She was as hilarious as moms get. She was obviously very proud of her son, but she didn't talk much about him, nor did I want to. We spent our day out sightseeing, shopping and eating; talking about Japan, me, and a bit about the upcoming competition. I had a blast, returning to Japan felt as  good as it could.