12. Cricket Club

Sometimes, I fucking hate my job! I fucking hate that place, and all the rude customers, and things not working, and counting money, and locking the doors, and the responsibilities! Especially the responsibilities, the stress!!! 

I was pacing around my room, ashtray in one hand, and a cigarette in another. It's 1:30 am, Sunday morning.

I opened the window so that the smoke could get out, that made my room freezing, snow getting in. 

My hands were shaking from the cold, barely being able to bring the cigarette to my lips.

I  hadn't lit one in a week. This was my 4th in the last hour, I was dizzy from nicotine. 

I hate stress, fucking hate it. 

I also hate programming. There was my laptop, on my bed, looking at me with a problem, waiting for me to code it, and my brain just wasn't working right now.  

Us girls don't want to admit it, but we know very well that our periods can change our mood in a second. So, here I was, hoping to God that I was about to get my period, which would mean that it wasn't something else that was making me all emotional instead.  

................

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. I rolled around, looking for the source of noise.

Found it, picked up without looking at who was calling. 

-Hello?- I said, falling back asleep.

-Hi!- 

-Who's that?-

-It's Yuzu!- Said, now familiar voice.

-Good morning Yuzu-kun!- 

- It's almost noon Kin-chan.- He laughed.

-Oh... I think I'll go sleep some more then.-

-Listen! What are you doing today?-

-I don't know...- I  could feel myself drifting off.

-Do you want to come to the ice rink with me then?-

-Mhhhmm- So sleepy...

-OK, I'll be there in 30 minutes.-

-Mhhmm....- 

He hung up. 

"30 minutes....30 minutes.... 30 minutes.... I'm so sleepy...." 

-Wait, did he just say he'll be here in 30 minutes?- I asked myself out loud.-

-Shit!-

......

-You got a taxi?- I looked at him, judging him, once I was in that same taxi.

-I can't drive- he simply replied.

-There is public transportation.-

-I hurt my leg.- He replied sarcastically.

-Where are your crutches?-

-At home.-

-You feeling better?-

-I feel the same.-

-Does it hurt.-

-I'm fine.-

-You can tell me, you know.-

-I know.- He smiled. I could recognize that smile. It was his polite smile. I knew he wasn't being sincere.

-Anyways, where is your skating rink?-