27.金

-Kin! You hold the camera!- Said Alex, handing me the camera.

-Ok.- I replied excitedly, taking it from him.

-So here, first you'll film me and Maia, and then you quickly turn it towards Yuzu and Javi.- He instructed.

-Ok, ok.- Now I was really excited.

-But why is Yuzu with me? Shouldn't he be with Kin, and I should be filming?-Argued Javi, confused with the whole concept.

-No,no, it's funnier!- Yuzuru reassure him, getting ready for the shoot.

We were on the ice, everybody had already left and we stayed to film a bit for the Shibutani vlog, seeing as we were allowed to hang around as much as we liked.

The idea was: to show Maia and Alex skating like total pros then shifting the view to Yuzu and Javi trying to waltz like idiots. It worked perfectly and Yuzuru seemed to enjoy being the girl in the dance.

After we finished, we continued to goof around a bit longer, and Maia filmed some of it.

-Look at who learned to skate!- She said, pointing the camera at me, who was successfully standing in skating boots, on ice.

-Yeah- I laughed, doing a slow turn, to show off.

-Soon, she's competing!- Yuzu jumped in, pretending like he was going to push me, making me crouch in fear, at which he laughed hysterically.

-You're mean.-I pouted,-I just learnt to make it across the ice.-

-I'm sorry. You're too cute.-He laughed, and came over to pick me up and hug me.

I let him, making our friends aw.

-Can I post this?- Asked Maia, after she put the camera away.

Yuzuru and I both shrugged, not really caring.

................

-What do you like more: ice shows or competition?- I asked Yuzu as we were leaving the hotel room for the ice show.

-Hmm, well, sometimes in competitions I can't really get the message of my program across. Either because I'm restrained by all the elements I have to complete, or because I'm too nervous and tense, so I end up focusing too much on the technical aspect and not enough on the artistry. In ice shows, I can show exactly that: the art of figure skating, and I can enjoy and have fun.- He said, focusing on his answer.

-...But.....??- I sensed that wasn't all.

-Well....- He laughed, screeching the back of his head.-You know how I was talking about "skating for the love of skating again and everything" last year?-

I nodded, remembering.

-You also know that, as a kid, I didn't really like skating that much before my first competition?-

I nodded, following along.

-Well, there's the answer, I guess... I love the pressure and competition above everything else.-He admitted.

-So what was all of that about, at the beginning of last season?- I questioned.

-What?- He asked, not understanding my question.

-The "skating for the love of skating".- I explained.

-Oh.- he made the same awkward expression, like he was embarrassed.- I don't know... I guess I didn't know what to do with myself after the Olympics, so I thought that was a good idea, but I wasn't really pleased with that.-