Chapter 9

After breakfast we went into the living room and let Henry play in his playpen. Regina put on cartoons for him and then sat very close to me on the couch. She had her knees folded under her, as she faced me and she rested her right arm on my left shoulder and ran her fingers through my hair. She kissed my temple, I hummed, liking the gesture. "Are you really ok with this Emma?  I can understand why you are hesitant about a new relationship, but I'm willing to try if you are".  I kiss her lips and I say "Yes. I want this. I want you and Henry". She placed a gentle kiss to my lips and said "I'm all I'm Emma". Henry fell asleep in his playpen so Regina took him up to his nursery. When she came back we just talked and held each other. We got to know each other a little better. It's so fast, but we've talked so much, thats why I believe we have a good connection to each other. After our conversation we fell asleep in each other's arms on the couch. With her laying half way on me. One of her legs crossed over mine. Soon after we hear Henry crying over the baby monitor. She kissed my lips and said "I should go get him". I asked "Can I come with?"  She kisses me again and said. "Of course my love. Let's go". We both got up and went to check on the kid. Walking into Henry's room, he was standing up holding onto the bar of the crib bopping up and down with a smile. "Hey kid, did you have a good nap?"  We walk over to him and he's  all happy and giggling. "I guess I can take that as a yes". "You can pick him up if you'd like". I nod, hold out my hands and he reaches for me. I hold him tight to me and bounce him a bit. Regina looks on smiling at our interaction. "How about we head downstairs and have a little lunch?"  Chatting over lunch we were trying to decide what to to do this afternoon. We decided that Regina would show me around town. She drove us down to the pier and we walked around while pushing Henry in his stroller. The boats down there are beautiful. Henry seemed to like them a lot. He was pointing to them and was talking in is baby talk that only he can understand. It's a nice day out. What made it even better was being with Henry and Regina. She lead us down to a little park around the corner from the pier. It's a cute little park mostly for younger kids, and one for the older kids on the other side. Regina took Henry out of the stroller and put him in the swing. He was loving it. He let out the biggest laughs every time Regina pushed him. When we were done there we got ice cream and ate it on a bench at the pier. We sat there and talked all afternoon. I told her about me growing up in foster care and she told me about her family and Storybrooke. Her mom was once the mayor here and her dad was a lawyer. They both past away a few years ago. Regina looked at her watch and said "We should head back, I need to feed Henry his dinner soon". I nod and we head back to her car and we drive to her house. Getting out of the car she asked if I'd like to come in. "Don't wanna over stay my welcome". I say with a smile. She walks over to me kisses my lips and says "That isn't possible dear".  Then gave me a sweet smile. "I'd love to come in and spend more time with you both, but I start a new job tomorrow and I hear my boss is a real hard ass". "Is that so Ms Swan?"  "Yeah that's the rumor anyway". "Well then you should go and make sure you do everything you can to make a good impression". We both laugh a bit, and kiss each other. "Ok I'll see you guys soon. Don't give your mom a hard time kid". I say to Henry and kiss his head. I walk to my Jeep and wave to them before driving off.