Chapter 20

We sit on the couch with each other. "Emma that octopus you got him is so cute. Thank you he loves it".  "No problem. Thanks for letting me give it to him". She smiles and gives me a nod. "You are so good with him Emma". I give a shy smile. "Well that kid is easy to love".  "You do love him don't you Emma?"  "Yes I do Regina, and he's not the only one. I love you too. I hope that doesn't scare you. You know I've been working a lot with Dr Hopper and I think I'm ready to believe in myself and the love I feel. I was hiding for so long. I don't wanna do that anymore".  I can see tears in her eyes and she moves closer to me. "Emma I'm so glad to hear you say that. I know how hard you've worked over the last 3 months and how hard you are still working. I hope you believe me when I say, I love you Emma Swan". She kisses my lips. "I love you". She repeats to me. "I believe you Gina, and feel it. For the first time in my life I feel love". I see her tears fall and it makes me cry to. We just hold on to each other for a while,  just enjoying being together. Our silence is broken when Regina starts to speak. "Emma?"   "Yes".   "I have something I need to tell you". She lifts her head off me and moves back just a bit. I nod. "Emma I need to tell you something important. A few weeks ago I found out that I am pregnant. Believe me I know it's a scary thing to hear, but please just take a moment to think ok".  I nod again. I speak slowly. "You're pregnant?"   "Yes Emma".  "I'm not really sure what the right thing to say is".  "Well, remember Dr Hopper said as long as we can talk about things calmly, we can get everything out and it's important not to judge but to support each other in what we have to say".  "Yes. Your right, who should go first?"  "How about you, can you tell me what you are feeling and thinking right now".  "Ok. I'm not really sure how to feel about this yet. I guess I'm afraid that if say the wrong thing you will get upset and I don't want that ". "Is there something I can do to help you?"  "I need to ask you a few things and I hope you won't get hurt or mad that I ask them". I promise I won't, please ask".   "Are you happy about this and do you want to keep the baby?"   "I'm not going to lie, I am surprised I'm pregnant but I am happy and yes I want to keep the baby and just in case it's in your mind, Yes the baby is yours".  "Are you happy about that part? That the baby is mine".  "Oh my god Yes Emma. I'm so happy. I love you".  I start to cry and nod my head. "That's what I needed to hear Gina. That's what I was afraid of. That maybe you weren't happy about being pregnant because it's mine".  "That couldn't be further from the truth my love". "I believe you". I kiss her lips gently. "Can you tell me how you feel about this now that you know how I feel?"   "I'm very happy Regina. I'm very very happy".  We just held each other for a few moments without saying anything until a thought crossed my mind. "Hey Regina, do you remember the day after we first met at the diner?"  "When we had breakfast. Yes my love. I remember".  "When I held Henry that day, when you asked me to watch him for a minute. I just remembered what I thought that day. I said to myself I can't wait to have a kid, and now that's here, but I want you to know. I promise that I will never treat Henry any differently from this child you are carrying now. I love Henry so much Regina. I hope you believe that".  "I do Emma, I do believe you". She kisses me tenderly, passionately. Her hands start roaming all over me. My hands just rub her back. She starts kissing down my neck towards my ear and licks my ear lobe. A shiver runs down my spine. She starts sucking and licking my neck. "Regina. Not that I'm not loving this but, what is this leading up to?"  She takes her mouth off my neck and looks me in the eyes and says. "Well my love, I'm hoping this leads to us going up stairs".  I start getting goosebumps. "Are we ready for that?"  "I am Emma, as long as you are".  She puts her hand on my thigh and and slowly moves it up. "Hmmm. It seems someone may be ready". She says with a light chuckle. "I'm always ready when it comes to you Regina, I'm just wondering if the time is right".  "Oh Emma my love, we both are in a much better place than we were before, I think we are both ready for this step". I kiss her. "I think you are right". She stands up and holds out her hand. "Would you like to join me upstairs Emma?"  I nod, take her hand and we make our way upstairs together.