Chater 15

I get to work just before 9, just in case Regina wants to ask anyone. I walk into what we call the bullpen area. That's where we have our desks, holding cells and my office. I look over and see Robin still passed out on the cot in the cell. "Morning Chief". My deputy Mulan Fa says. "Hey Mulan, how has he been?" I nod my head in the direction of Robin. "Well to be blunt Chief he was a pain in the ass when we took him in and put him in there. He just kept saying he was gonna get that Rambo bitch for stealing his woman. I know he was drunk but I got out my phone and recorded what he was saying. When he finally passed out I hooked up my phone to the computer and put the recordings onto this flash drive and I put everything in the report that I have here". She hands me a file and the flash drive. "That's great work. Thank you". "No problem boss". "So where is your partner". "Sean is grabbing a little shut eye in the crib. He had a headache after we brought Robin in last night".  "Was he hurt during the arrest?"  "I don't think so. I just think he hasn't gotten much sleep since Ashley had the baby a few months ago". "Ashley from the mayors office?"  Ya, that's his wife". I give a nod and say "Thanks for the help last night. When the next shift comes in, hand over what you've got from the overnight and head out. Oh, and wake up your partner". "You got it boss". I go into my office and look at Mulan's report and watch the recording she took. Man this guy is like a time bomb. I love Regina but she needs to really understand this guy is capable of anything. Wait, did love just pop up while I was thinking. No. Can't be. It way to soon. Besides she'll probably not wanna see me anymore after this morning. I start on my report for the incident last night. I print it out and add it to the arresting officers reports. I have deputy Lance take a photo of my eye for the file and add that in when my under sheriff Graham (my second in command) knocks on my office door. "I heard you had an interesting night boss". He laughs walks in and sits. "Ya I guess you could say that". "Nice eye by the way".   "Thanks I'm trying out some new makeup." We both laugh. I hand Graham the file and he reads it over and watches the recording and agrees with me that Robin needs to be handled. "I don't see the mayors report yet, are we getting that today?"  "She is a little apprehensive about that right now. Could you call her office and set up a time for us to question her please. It needs to be done today, I'm not waiting on this". "Sure thing boss".  He gets up and heads out to his desk and gets on the phone. A few minutes later he pops in and says "The mayor had an opening at 2 o'clock so you got scheduled in". "Great thank you. I'd like you to join me on this please. And take the lead on taking the report". "Really, I thought". "Yes really, you ask her the questions and convince her to file her report". "Ok". Then he quietly walks away. The day goes by quickly. I spent most of the day learning more about my job and what's needed of me. Graham shows me the paperwork that the mayor expects since he ran the department till I got here. "Do you mind me asking, why didn't you go for the sheriff position?" "Well I don't really like the political part of it. I like to come in and do my job and help people". "Good answer. I can respect that". Looking at the clock I see it's almost 2 o'clock. Damn. We head over to the town hall, walk up to Reginas office and Ashley announces us. "You both can go right in". This is gonna be so much fun.