Chapter 16

We walk in the mayors office and Regina is writing something. She doesn't look up, but says "Please have a seat". We do as asked. The room is silent until she puts her pen down and looks at us. "So what can I do for the Storybrooke Sheriffs department this afternoon?"  Graham looks at me and I nod, so he starts to speak. "Well, Madame Mayor, we are here to get your side of the incident last night". "The incident". "Yes ma'am, with Robin". "I see". That's all she says and looks at me like she would love to throw a ball of fire at me. "Ok, so what do you need to know". What? is she actually going to work with us on this? Graham does all the talking, while I keep my mouth shut. She's probably still pissed at me after this morning. Graham says "ok, thank you mayor Mills I think we have everything we need". We stand to leave. I give Regina a small smile and turn to leave. "Sheriff Swan do you have a moment?"  Shit. Here it comes. I've only known her a few days, but I know she can't be happy with me right now. I turn and nod. "Graham why don't you head back and get everything in order so we can get Robin before a judge before the day ends". He says sure and heads out and closes the door. Shit. Here we go. "Please sit Sheriff". I sigh, turn and take my seat again. She's back to writing a few things on the paper in front of her. The silence is killing me so I say. "Look Regina, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to do my job and do what's right by you and Henry". "Thank you Emma". Ok now I'm confused again so I don't say anything. "I'm sorry about this morning. I didn't mean to start something. I know you are trying to protect me and my son and I appreciate that very much. You are correct. Something needs to be done about Robin". I let out a sigh and a nod. I feel like I'm about to cry so I don't say anything. "Emma, are we ok?"  All I can do is nod. "Why aren't you saying anything dear?"  "I'm afraid". I stop there as a tear falls from by eye. Damn. "Afraid of what my love?"  It took me a moment before I spoke again. "Afraid that you asked me to stay here to brake up with me". I can't look at her so I keep my head down as more tears force their way out of my eyes. "Oh Emma. No baby". She says as she gets up and walks over to me. She lifts my head so now I have to look at her. I feel weak and unworthy of her now. Maybe we really should end things. I'm not good for her or Henry. I know I can protect them, but I've never loved before, besides Ingrid. But shes the woman who adopted me and actually showed me love. My eyes look away from her. "Emma please look at me". I close my eyes before I turn and open them to look at her. Shes down on her knees at my side. "Emma why do you think we would break up?"  I sigh. "Everyone always leaves me Regina. I'm no good for you. Or for Henry. I'm really broken. I'm sorry. I need to go back to work". I stand up and start to walk to the door. Regina speaks in a voice I've never heard before. "Emma Swan don't you dear walk away from me right now". With my hand on the door nob I stop moving. I can't turn around. I hear her heels click as she walks to me. "If you think I'm letting you leave me without talking this out, you are mistaken. Now please join me on the couch to talk. Now". Why won't she just let me leave?  I turn and see her sitting on the couch. I slowly walk over and sit as far away from her as I can. "So, you are ready to give up before we even start?" "That's probably for the best". I say looking at the floor. "Hmm. I thought you were different. I felt something for you Emma, but I guess I was wrong". She stands and walks to her desk. "Thank you for all you help with the Robin thing. You can go now. Oh and since you've given up on us, I'll consider our date for tomorrow voided. You may go now". I still can't look at her, but I nod and slowly walk to the door and leave. I walk back to the sheriffs department and just go straight to my office, close the door, close the blinds and sit on my chair and just let everything pour out of my eyes, my heart and my soul. What did I just do?   I fucked up really bad this time.