Chapter 13

Reginas door bell wakes me up. She's still in my arms sound asleep. I look at the clock and it's 2:30 in the morning. I hear the bell again and slowly get out of bed and put my jeans on and pick up my shirt. Putting it on I look out the window and see Robins truck. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I say quietly and head downstairs while I button my shirt. "Regina, please let me in baby I wanna talk". Robin slurred out. I pulled out my phone and quickly sent a text to the nighttime dispatch for backup at the mayors house, no lights no sirens ASAP. I want to keep this quiet. Robin starts to bang on the door. "Regina!!" He yells. I put my phone in my pocket and yank open the door. "You. What the hell are you doing here?"  He says as he sways. "That's none of your business. And you have no business being here anymore. So leave and don't bother coming back. Regina wants nothing to do with you". "Go fuck yourself Rambo. Regina is my girl, now move aside and let me see her". "Like hell I will". He tries to move past me but I block him. "Regina!!" He yells into the house. "That's it". I grab him by his shirt and move I'm out of the doorway, and shove him back. "You just made a big mistake bitch". He says, and from behind him I see a squad car pull up. He comes right after me and swings his fist towards my face, I move out of the way and he punches air. My deputies run up and say "Whats going on chief?"  "It's seems Robin here got lost on the way home". "Screw you lady, I wanna see Regina now". "Emma"  I hear from behind me and I turn around. "What's happening here?"  "Regina I wanted to talk to you but this bitch wouldn't let me in". He starts walking towards Regina and I stop him. "Take you hands off me bitch". He quickly swings again and I get back handed right across the face. My deputies grab him and the three of us take him down to the ground and the get the hand cuffs on him. I look at Regina and she is crying. "Take him in and charge him with trespassing, drunk and disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer". They nod and walk him to the car as he's yelling all the way. What prick. I quickly go to Regina and take her in my arms. "I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm sorry you had to see that". "Why won't he just leave me alone Emma. It's not like we were serious. We only dated two months". "Hopefully he'll leave you alone after tonight. He has some pretty big charges against him". I don't know why we are still out on the porch, but I walk us back in and close and lock the door. "Oh my love, look at your face. Let me get you some ice". "Is it that bad already?" I chuckle as we walk into the kitchen. "Not yet but give it time". She puts the ice pack gently on my eye and I hiss a bit. "I'm sorry my love". She says to me. "Emma, why didn't you wake me up before you answered the door?" "I'm sorry Regina if I over stepped I know this is your home, but I figured nothing good comes at 2:30 in the morning and when I saw it was Robin, well I guess I just wanted to protect you from him". She kisses my lips. "Thank you Emma". She kisses me again then smiles at me. "Hey, can I ask you something, you don't have to answer if you don't want to". "What is it?"  "Is Henry Robins ?"  "What, oh god no. I told you I was only with him two months Emma and Henry is 8 months now". She give a little laugh. "Well I didn't know if maybe you had something a while ago or whatever. I don't know. Just forget it. I can be a little slow sometimes". She lets out a good laugh. "Oh my dear, what am I going to do with you?"  "Anything you want". "Emma I want to be honest with you so I think I should tell, since you asked. Henry doesn't have a father". I'm a little confused. "What I mean by that is I was artificially inseminated to become pregnant with Henry". "Oh ok. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all". We smile at each other. "How about we go back to bed dear?"  I nod and put the ice pack in the sink. Then we hold hands and walk up the stairs together. We get in bed and she snuggles right back in my arms. I kiss her head and we both fall back to sleep.